Level 3

Discuss or develop strategies here!
PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:36 pm

OckhamsRazor wrote:Orlor, I hear you on the system working as intended, but...well, it really could use a tweak in this regard - if nothing else from a believability standpoint. If I train a team of microbiologists in Philadelphia, they don't forget everything they know when they arrive in New York, you dig?

First of all, I find this entirely suspect. Why would microbiologists from Phili ever go to New York? The hypothetical is spurious on it's face. :D

More seriously -- this has been discussed internally and this exact same argument was raised. I think we'll continue to discuss it and I see where we get. A change would have an affect on server load, so we're been careful on that front.

As an aside, I will say that some of the things raised elsewhere on the forum are currently being worked on; these Forums have been a great resource for the team to prioritize things.

Bib123
Lancer

Postby Bib123 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:39 pm

But I didn't ask the question before because I thought it was standed this game has so many bugs I feel like quitting.. Like not Being able to use it on iphone and when I send defence to my guild they can't see it..

This game has many crap bugs but this is the worse.. Every attacker has the advantage now!! Stupid play mesh!! I might as well go back to trivian!!!

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:11 pm

If everybody follows the same rules in regards to research it is really an unfair advantage?

As Pwnlaw stated it is something we are talking about internally.

Bib please stop with the straight up insults for PlayMesh. Constructive criticism is appreciated but just calling us stupid and saying you are going to leave doesn't really accomplish anything.

Nutterboy
Knight

Postby Nutterboy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:27 pm

It's unfair but can also be used to your advantage, with a city that has lvl 1 lancer and lvl 1 sentry you can send them to a lvl3 lancer and sentry city and suddenly they become more powerful. You can't make it individual to each set of trios because then the entire simulator is f ed because you can't factor in multiple groups

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Nutterboy wrote:It's unfair but can also be used to your advantage, with a city that has lvl 1 lancer and lvl 1 sentry you can send them to a lvl3 lancer and sentry city and suddenly they become more powerful. You can't make it individual to each set of trios because then the entire simulator is f ed because you can't factor in multiple groups

I've found people feel strongly one way or another. Some people think this structure creates an important part of strategy (people build up strong defensive cities protecting their "attacker" cities. It's a lot less frustrating when you think about it as a strategic element to the game.

That said, I have some sympathy to your view. I just raised the topic with the lead designer and we'll see where it goes. It's something we've discussed before, but opinion is pretty split.

Take it easy on poor Orlor, he's sensitive.

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm not a computer geek as ive said before but surely it doesn't take much more code to work out what lvl guards I've sent when you can already work out how many I've sent,

Tom, Bill, Harry, and Bob all send me thousands of guards 2,3,4 and 5k respectively now it's already in the system what lvl those guards were before they left, and when they arrive the systems knows who sent what wheres the difficulty matching up the data ?

Bib123
Lancer

Postby Bib123 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 pm

We don't all have level 3 defence in our forges.. in our villages some of us have level 3 beserker, level 3 ram and level 3 ballista.. That one point left went into scout.. So if I send my defence there it basically means its level 1.. Which also means if somone attacks it with level 3 anything.. My troops are at an unfair advantage!! Because they are attacking with level 3..

I'm not going to ask my guild to put a massive amount of resources into sentry and lancer So my defence will all be level 3 it's stupid.. I will have to make them put level 1 to all there attack troops.. and they won't have an attack force.. The only thing I can suggest for this game is to be defence only on every village and just spend my days defending happily.. And never attacking..

It's also like this.. I build a defence village to house level 3 lancers and sentry there level 3 and they are there because my farm can't hold that amount In my attack village and also hold attack and defence troops in the same village my farm cant handle it??? .. My attack village conquers an active guilds city they want it back so they send level 3 guardian.. My lancers get there to defend my new village but they die because of level 1.. my defence and attack village work together but my defence fails me because of level 1.. My lancers arnt worth it!! I may as well let them take it back

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:43 pm

OckhamsRazor wrote:If I train a team of microbiologists in Philadelphia, they don't forget everything they know when they arrive in New York, you dig?

According to the in-game descriptions, it would seem research done at the forge, is the ability of the city to create weapons, armor, and technology of a certain level. An army will eventually need replacement weapons and armor, and the fastest replacements would come from the supported city.

This actually makes a bit of sense, with the sole exception go the scout, whose learnt methodologies disappear.

Marti92
Lancer

Postby Marti92 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:55 am

I can see why it is the way it is but I agree that if I have lv 3 lancer and I send 1 k to support another city, and that city has only lv 1, my troops shouldn't become lv1. Someone said it in a post te forge allows armor an arms research for a unit, if my troops are equipped with the upgraded arms and armor, it's not going to just disappear when I get to a certain city, my troops should be at 3 an that cities troops should be at 1. And I know this is a little off topic, but in the sim I set the ballista and ram to lv 3 and there was no difference to the damage done. Can you guys clarify why? I'm thinking the upgrades aren't worth it. And if not can you guys do something about it??? Oh and can you guys maybe do like a unit upgrade table to show what the upgrades do???

Bib123
Lancer

Postby Bib123 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:39 pm

I spent a lot on level 3 lancer and sentry and I send them, they become level 1.. At the end of the day it's a waste of level 3.... The men magically downgraded.. My alliance might as well defend with paper plates!!

Return to “Strategy”