first attack

Discuss or develop strategies here!
aphorism
Lancer

first attack

Postby aphorism » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 pm

just started the game, what do I need to be successful on my first attack of a city or take over of a city? also what should I spend gold on?

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:59 pm

TO be successful, you need enough troops to kill all the other city's troops. Sending a scout first will (usually) tell you how many troops they have, and what level wall they have for defense. Once you have that information, enter it into the battle simulator and do some random tests until you find the amount of troops you need to send.

To take over a city you need an Academy which will build scholars. Every scholar you send, upon a successful attack, will reduce the loyalty of a city by 20%-30%. Loyalty regenerates at approximately 3% per hour (but this is contingent upon a world's speed). If you have multiple scholars then you need to only send 1 scholar per attack wave. If you send 2 or more in a single attack then only the first one will lower a city's loyalty.

For gold, whatever you want. Spending gold is not a requirement to play.

Wrecking
Knight

Postby Wrecking » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:34 pm

I recommend at first just attacking people who's name is like "Lord8757955" because they usually aren't playing. Then build up your army and attack other people.

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Spending gold on resources is not efficient.

You only need 143 lancers or 44 knights to steal all resources of a beginner city.

Peanutmonkey
Lancer

Just keep farming and making troops

Postby Peanutmonkey » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Ive been playing for almost a month now. Will have 7 cities in a few hours and I'm about to break top 10 on my world. The best advice I could give is to always produce troops and always be building something.

Troops are money and unless you have a very good reason for stopping troop production, always be producing something. I'm at the point where I scout players and most of them went for resource buildings and neglected their troop count. I basically just wait for them to build an academy then just roll them and take it.

As your troop numbers build you should be using them to farm the cities around you every 4 hours or so. For inactive players send 43/43/43 barracks units or 43 knights. For barbarian cities scout them and adjust raiding party sizes as necessary. Eventually you will be sending out the max 25 attacks every 4 hours. Which should net you 20-30k of each resource. This number will increase as you find your own tricks for farming. This will allow you to always have your build queue full and always be producing something from all of your troop buildings.

The players who keep their troops active and making them money the most will be the most successful.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Break the top 10 with 7 cities? is it a new world? i have 68 cities and i'm #63. Our number on has 134 cities and i'm sure it doesnt really even compare to the old worlds.

Return to “Strategy”