Attacking someone bigger

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Remy3000
Lancer

Attacking someone bigger

Postby Remy3000 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:22 am

Obviously this is easy to avoid, but in my case the guy deserves to be attacked. Two treacherous players defected from my guild to a stronger one only to use the protection of that guild to attack and conquer the weaker players in my guild around him. His guild is about 3 times bigger, he has about 3 times more troops, and 3 times as many cities as I do. We could have had an amicable relationship following his departure and perhaps even become allies. But his actions have precluded that. What strategies can I use to put the hurt on him? I'm 20 hours away by scholar, 5 by horse. Keep in mind that my sister guilds either aren't responding or are already allies with his guild. I'm in this alone, but I am willing to play with nothing to lose because I may leave the game soon after. How do I go about this?

Gilictic
Guardian

Postby Gilictic » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:39 am

If I were in this situation, I'd just give it an all in on one of his weaker cities. Send 5 scholar waves, each a few secs apart, and just conquer it.

Remy3000
Lancer

Postby Remy3000 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:58 am

Tried that. He has too much warning in that situation. It takes 19+ hours for a scholar wave to reach him, giving him plenty of time to see that he's being attacked and support his city with troops from his other nearby cities... Of which he has many. Plus his weaker cities are still in the 18k point range with his 40k point cities pretty much sitting next door. And I also fear he is playing with gold and can get a full report on the incoming attacks before they get there.

I've resorted to guerilla tactics. I' ve been sending many small attacks that don't take long to arrive (5-6 hrs max.) at all of his smallest cities trying to keep him guessing where the next big one will land.

Rickiracoon
Lancer

Take cities

Postby Rickiracoon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:37 am

What I would do is to gradually start taking cities until you get closer to him since 19 hours gives him along time to prepare for. You. I have been taking cities until I get closer to my target

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:46 am

Send 3 waves at his home city (because that always irritates a person)...

First wave send 15k barbarians. <--- Killing defenders... you'll lose but you'll take a healthy portion of his defenders.
Second wave send 10k barbarians and 500 rams. <--- Breaking the wall. You'll lose, but with less defenders from the 1st wave you should knock a lvl 25 wall to pebbles.
Third wave send 1500 ballistas and however much barbs or knights as you can muster. Aim for either his farm or warehouse. <--- That's just to needle him.

Ensure that all 3 waves hit within a few seconds of each other to ensure his city isn't reinforced between waves.

If you're going to lose then you're going to lose. If you take some of his cities then he will just recapture them on his way to killing you off. You're looking at being an annoying little prat. This is about as annoying as I can think of. Just make sure you aim for his original city as people tend to become attached to it.

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:50 am

This is a situation where putting his city under chaos helps !

Send your clearing waves and scholar waves through then send waves containing 1 ram through until you get the msg chaos on the battlefield,

This takes 40 attack waves so requires more than one city to attack but it prevents the defender from sending support, keep an eye on when your first attack hits and make sure you are ready to send another 1 ram wave as soon as it does

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:52 am

Valorgamer: It doesn't prevent support. Attack waves and support waves each have their own separate caps. At least this is what has been posted on these forums. What it does do is prevent a guild member from leaving his guild and having his guild mate's attack him with 1 ram attack waves to prevent *you* from attacking with scholar waves.

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:56 am

Oh ok I miss understood the tactic then, I was pretty certain you can't support a city under chaos

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:12 am

You may be right as I've never been in a position to both attack and send support to a city.

But I believe this is the case.

DaddyBat
Lancer

Postby DaddyBat » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:50 pm

This seems easy and
Difficult.
If you have guild support: attack his main city with token
Troops. The first attack should be a quick scout and the rest slower troop movement
Wait
As soon as he send retaliation attacks look for timing to determine if it's scouts or worse. If scouts send your troops to a close city and wait it out if not proceed to enlist support from your guild. This works GREAT if he scouts you low and your guild supports you huge. He smashes his troops on your city and leaves one
Or more cities open to full attack. Send clearing waves, then scholars then have your guild chaos the city

Return to “Strategy”