[ajw guide] Early Game :: Day 1-30

Discuss or develop strategies here!
ajw
Lancer

Postby ajw » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi All, This is my first shot at creating a guide for Early Game, defined as days 1 to 30. Please comment, and I'll try to keep everything updated. =)

Cheers!
ajw

[Notes + Suggestions]
- Join a big local guild immediately. Strength in numbers.
+ Look around the map and see which guilds around you have a lot of people and mail the guild leaders (crown) about joining.
- Assume no one will attack you once you are in a big local guild.
- I'm assuming you will be abel to keep your building queue full during the day. Either via Queue Extender Subscription, or just checking your phone.
- The below is just a guideline - you may build slower or faster, hopefully faster.

[Day 1-10]

Building Levels
City Hall 15
Barracks 5
Stable 5
Forge 5
Market 3
Lumbermill 20
Quarry 20
Ironmine 15
Farm 10
Warehouse 15

- Since you are a part of a guild and no one will attack you early on, the go ahead and focus on resource production buildings (Lumbermill, Quarry, Ironmine) to increase your production rates.
- Also build up your City Hall so you are able to use those resources and not just waiting for all your buildings to complete while your warehouse overflows.
- Warehouse needs to be upgraded, so you can go to sleep at night and wake up without wasting too many resources =P
- Barracks at a low level to recruit some defensive units (Lancer, Sentry), very few because we do not expect anyone to be attacking us. You start off with some units, and one of Aurora's Quests gives you some too. The first city can be defensive in case someone is really fast and decides to be crazy and try to take you over.
- Farm upgraded as needed.
- Market to help balance your resources as necessary.

[Day 11-20]

Building Levels
City Hall 15 => 25
Barracks 5 => 15
Stable 5
Forge 5 => 15
Market 3 => 10
Lumbermill 20 => 28
Quarry 20 => 28
Ironmine 15 => 25
Farm 10 => 20
Warehouse 15 => 25

- Continue building up those resource production buildings, warehouse, farm
- Need City Hall, Barracks, and Forge for Academy (end goal of each city)
+ Build buildings with longer build times at night for efficiency. Having 5 queued up at night should take up all your sleep time.
- Start building more defensive units from the Barracks (Lancer, Sentry).
- Basically same logic as above Day 1-10

[Day 21-30]

Building Levels
City Hall 25
Barracks 15
Stable 5 => 20
Academy 0 => 1
Forge 15 => 20
Market 10
Lumbermill 28 => 30
Quarry 28 => 30
Ironmine 25 => 30
Farm 20 => 30
Warehouse 25 => 28

- Final Push to Academy
+ Requirements: City Hall 25, Barracks 15, Forge 20
- Once you have an Academy, start cranking out scholarships and scholars! THEN DOMINATE THE WORLD!!!! ^^
- Train more defensive units both from Barracks (Lancer, Sentry) and Stable (Guardian).
- Finish off your other buildings when you have time (Hiding Place, Wall, etc)

[Final Note]
- The goal of any city is to get an Academy and high resource production. Then buy scholarships and train scholars. Scholars enable you to take over other cities. For each successful attack that includes any amount of surviving scholars, the loyalty of a target city is lowered by an amount that ranges. Once the target city's loyalty reaches 0, you take over that city.
- When first targeting someone to take over, chose someone (1) close to you, (2) is in a small or no guild, (3) has a good amount of points. Barbarians are not players, and you can take over their cities without fear of reprimand.
- GOOD LUCK!

Tim
Knight

Postby Tim » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Excellent Ajw. You're an asset to this community. ;)

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:38 pm

I disagree deeply with his strategy of sleeping at night.

Boomhaur
Knight

Postby Boomhaur » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:10 am

@ Ajw nice very well thought out.

Beartato
Lancer

Postby Beartato » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Quick Additions:
Ironmine upgrades seem a little high. Keep it low because clay and wood is more valuable at the start, and take advantage of that on the market by offering small amounts of clay and wood for large amounts of iron, since real noobs will have a surplus of iron.

In general, if you find that you can't fill up your build queue, it's because your resource buildings are not high enough. If your building queue is full and taking a long time to clear, your city hall is too low, so upgrade that instead. Upgrade warehouse when your total queue time outweighs the warehouse full time, and upgrade farm when farm ****e is around 2/3 - 3/4 full (you don't want to fill it up completely or else you can't upgrade anything but upgrade the farm).

Hiding place is worthless. Not worth losing the population ****e that it takes up. Don't even bother with it.

LordHades77
Lancer

Postby LordHades77 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:27 am

Why so long to build a shcolar??
Lord of the Underworld,

HADES!

AbuDhabian59
Lancer

Postby AbuDhabian59 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Thanks Ajw. I am new this and your Guide will be useful although Idon't like joining big Clans/Guilds as I think it spoils the game.

colossk
Lancer

Postby colossk » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:40 am

LordHades77 wrote:Why so long to build a shcolar??

Its a slower start but you catch up and surpass quickly because of all the resources you have massed. It also lets you conquer much larger cities becasue they are being built up while you are building up your shcolars

w1c
Lancer

Postby w1c » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Personally, i believe aiming for an academy is the most important thing to do when you are at your first city... In other words: I would have to disagree with this tactic, with or without a guild... Srr, just my opinion :)

Ouweh
Knight

Postby Ouweh » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Thx ajw, just what I was looking for!

Return to “Strategy”