[ajw guide] Early Game :: Day 1-30

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Ampatriot
Lancer

Postby Ampatriot » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:29 pm

No disrespect, but after my experience in other similar games....large nubbish guilds cannot be relied on for much. I suggest farming heavily, and building loads of troops early on

MaxTay
Lancer

Postby MaxTay » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Hey ajw, do you actually do farming of nonplayers early stage?

IdoMyWay
Lancer

Postby IdoMyWay » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:11 am

Thanks for the guide line. I just start playing today and got no idea how to find a big guild.

MaxTay
Lancer

Postby MaxTay » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:03 pm

You can click on the player name and see the guild he/she belongs to.

For example if you click on my name MaxTay in the game, you will see Maximus as the guild. Click on the guild and you will see the size of it

Hope this helps.

micah444
Lancer

Postby micah444 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:30 pm

nicely done!

Destroyer75
Knight

Postby Destroyer75 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:30 pm

He said to assume no one would attack a big clan at first but if I've ever learned any thing about war it's better to expect there going to come cause if you don't and they attack say bye to your resources

LadyBathory
Lancer

Postby LadyBathory » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:59 am

Amazing job!! Thank you for posting this! I'm not a noob anymore but can tell others to refer to your guide as a framework!! This really is exactly what I've been looking for!!

Gilictic
Guardian

Postby Gilictic » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:20 am

@AJW: This is almost perfect, expect for the world speed. Sometimes I can get my second city by two weeks.

Peanutmonkey
Lancer

Postby Peanutmonkey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:03 pm

I don't Agree with this guide at all and think its terrible for the game if you follow it. Not building troops at any stage of the game is a mistake. First of all you provide no value to a guild by doing this. Why would a guid protect you? Especially when most of your guild is probably doing this strategy as well. Strength in numbers only works if all the numbers actually have troops.

When you build troops you don't actually sacrifice production. Troops are money! They are a faster source of income than your buildings with their farming ability. The key to this game is not forgoing troops, but to build them early, always, and keep them active! Buy a stables ASAP and get scouts. Scout all the barb cities. Find the lucrative ones. If your area is out of beginners protection then scout the Lordxxxxxx cities too and farm those if they are inactive.

You get practice moving and attacking as well, plus it's more engaging than waiting for buildings to build
Second major problem with this strategy is that once you get your scholars, you have no army to send them with! Who exactly are you going to dominate?

It's a slow strategy. Constantly building and farming will get you so many more resources it's not even funny. I've been playing about 30 days now and I have 7 cities. I had 4 by my 3rd week. Player cities In the 10-15k point range
That I had to fight for I didn't take easy close barb cities.

I see poor newbies follow your strategy all the time and I feel for them. Honestly I just wait for them to get their academy then just roll their city. In my experience, the guilds may send a few strongly worded emails to you but that's it. They shut up and take it when their cities start falling because they can't stop you.

If you are a newbie and you like this game. DON'T follow this strategy.

Goldnagger
Knight

Postby Goldnagger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:17 am

This strategy is more for world speed 1. I actually followed this strategy when i first started and it worked. Now I have 17 cities in my world after 2 1/2 months. Now I'm #1 in my region.

My only advice is that if you don't want to start in a region with very committed and very strong players, don't join the world too early because these veterans jump in to get ahead right away. I would wait a day or two to be placed in a region where players aren't too closed together.

The chances of getting harrased by seasoned players who maybe uses gold are far less. Play it safe and build within your guild and by the time they get to your guild. You'll probably have multiple cities to be feared with. You will have developed a coalition/alliance with nearby guilds as well.

*speaking from experience

Return to “Strategy”