[ajw guide] Early Game :: Day 1-30

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Martenor
Lancer

Postby Martenor » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:54 am

Thanks for sharing ajw, and also the replying folk that disagree with the tactics.
I'm new to valor and find this info very helpful (have player other strategy games before; evony anyone?)
I want to challenge the challengers, if you are very early in the game and want to farm barb cities
(because those are the only you can attack, the rest is in beginners protection).

What troops would you send out with an attack?
Standard beginner city, no troops left (1.085P).

And would it yeald more than the loss of troops would cost you (especially wood)?

Thanks!
Marianne

DonkeyKing
Lancer

Postby DonkeyKing » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:10 am

Marianne

In the early game b4 spies, if u suffer losses w 35 lance after clearing out the 10 lance and 5 berserks, the barb has walls and u will continue to lose troops if u farm that barb. Clear out a few more barbs in the area with ur 35 lance and 5 berserks and find urself a better farm.

Greyzz
Lancer

Postby Greyzz » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:09 am

Nice guide there :)
-If we don't end war, war will end us-
and the more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during war.

Marecky
Lancer

Postby Marecky » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:43 pm

I absolutely disagree with this guide my guide is from travian world (don't know if anybody play that before) build as many soldier as u can and farm and from your farmed resources build only army and from your resources from village build village...that's how I work than u r n1 in your area and kicking ass of everybody and every guild
Don't be botherd about few messages if they annoying you attack them as well dispense on distance no point attack over the timescale which u r not here so say if u r online every hour or every four hours don't be scred of anybody who is more than 8 hour away they don't have chance simply ignore or destroy

Have a fun with your farms keep attacking 24/7 don't let them live even a minute

Lightning
Lancer

Postby Lightning » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:45 pm

I habe played travian and from my exp u must have been a teuton :p ...though nice guide ajw.only thing,the construction/goals have to be faster and with them troops are necessary coz farming rocks even if u have high resouces

Cooldaddio5
Lancer

Postby Cooldaddio5 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Great insights everyone. In time of war you can consider demolishing or downgrading buildings not in use such as Forge to increase troop capacity, but I apologize, I doubt that will be an issue in first 30 days. Ajw is onto something. Lack of sleep will cause guilds to collapse eventually. I never bought anything with my money in a year of playing, but now will invest in Queue extender.

TheWolfWarrior
Knight

Postby TheWolfWarrior » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:53 pm

The premise is good, but I agree with others that you have to focus on troops and specifically knights if possible so you can farm farther and quicker. Its nice to get to an academy and expand, but if Player A has an Academy and limited troops, and player B has troops and no Academy. The race will go to Player B as he will just farm A until he gets his Academy built and then takes an Academy.

Samiimas
Lancer

Postby Samiimas » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:51 pm

I agree with w1c

1LadyFreyja
Lancer

Postby 1LadyFreyja » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:33 pm

I've read though all the comments in this thread and as a brand new player to Valor, I am finding the advice extremely helpful. Thank you for taking the time to put this info together. I know how time consuming this sort of thing can be. I do think that building troops needs to happen early on in the game as I have been reading other threads to gather together a strategy for my guild. Can you put together something similar (some sort of quick reference), for building troops? Or can anyone else offer any advice to a formula for this? Thank you again.

bns001
Lancer

Postby bns001 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:21 pm

I am on my third start in valor, attacked twice while I slept and lost everything.
I used this guide and this thread every time.
Since this is my third start in valor, I took all of the data from ajw along with my current stats building this first city to the point where I can construct an academy and threw all of the numbers into a spreadsheet to study, and was amazed to find that walls and hiding place were ignored. After the first 10 days, workshops were ignored. Visiting your Forge, and suggestions on applying research points were not mentioned.
Personal note on troops -- I find lancers to be too cheap and thus less effective. As soon as I could, I bought Berzerker Research, and by choice will be using Berzerkers, scouts, guardians, rams, and ballistas ONLY. Just a few ideas to help others... during this time when resources are low, and the build queue is full. :)

Return to “Strategy”