Most wanted strategy guides

Discuss or develop strategies here!
starhammer
Guardian

Most wanted strategy guides

Postby starhammer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:16 pm

We've got a couple great guides floating around the forums, like ajw's Day 1-30 Guide and the Beginner's Guide that Orlor put up a few weeks back to name a few but there is definitely room for more.

So here's a quick impromptu poll: What other strategy guides would you guys like to see here? What topics would be the most helpful to you?
To submit a support ticket, please visit the following link: https://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." - Hans Gruber, Die Hard

Miau
Lancer

Postby Miau » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:46 am

Hey.
I know there are alot of diferent strategies when building a city, and most of them are personal opinion, but I would like a guide about that.
Types of cities, advantages and disavantages, unit research for each type, proximity to each other and stuf like that.

Lightning
Lancer

Postby Lightning » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:29 am

Guides on troop building and farming.if we get something like that it would be a great help.

Duke24
Guardian

Postby Duke24 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:33 pm

A guide for newbs so they stop spamming the forum about basic things.

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:21 pm

I believe Orlor posted that guide. You could add code to the forum to suggest a guide whenever a common question is entered as a confirmation. If they say yes, cancel the post and redirect to the guide. If they say no, the post is created.

It'd be short but a map guide would be usefull. The first part would describe the regions, positioning, and wrapping. Include formulas we can insert into worksheets. Then the particulars like regional leaderboards and regional market offers.

The last part can be map strategy. Clustering vs coverage. Region dominance vs global operations. Examples of a good city to capture and farm. Enemy invasion strategies.

Duke24
Guardian

Postby Duke24 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:52 pm

I'd be interested in the map one. I personally go for dominance in all regions. In 6 in W4 now. 2 I have 1 city, 1 with 2 cities. 1 with around 17 cities, 1 with 67 or so cities, and 1 with 134 or so. I do cluster cities, but only cities that are already pretty much all upgraded.

starhammer
Guardian

Postby starhammer » Tue May 01, 2012 4:02 pm

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks, guys. We are working at creating some new guides as well as looking into ways to reward you guys for creating them. I want to make sure that we hit topics that would be the most valuable to you all.
To submit a support ticket, please visit the following link: https://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." - Hans Gruber, Die Hard

XTMalDoran
Knight

Postby XTMalDoran » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:49 am

I've put together a blog that covers the basics because I was tired of answering noobs questions, not that I didn't wish to share my knowledge, but you can only answer the same questions so many times before you start tweaking out. My blog is http://ValorTactics.blogspot.com
I add to it when I can, but it covers the basics to make any n00b successful in their first or second world.
The last time I was this bored... I took hostages...
http://ValorTactics.blogspot.com

Filthysnotrag
Knight

Self destruct

Postby Filthysnotrag » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm

I'd like information on advantages/disadvantages of scuttling your own city if you KNOW you're going to be capped. If I'm going to be captured, I don't want rival guild to benefit. I'd much rather give them scorched earth. First, how. Second, how long does it take. If I take my city hall down to less than 25, does that automatically drop my forge and academy? Is it just as easy to use ballistas from a nearby city on what was once mine? Has anyone else tried this and how did it work out for them?

Qwerty
Lancer

Postby Qwerty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:44 am

I think one part of Valor is overlooked - diplomacy. I have some experience with diplomacy but it would be good if a guide was written.
Topics I would like to see covered:
- alliances and naps - the difference in responsibilities and how to choose your allies
- settling disputes between players like cross caps, crossfires - when city should be returned, when a compensation should be sent etc.
- managing alliances/coalitions by setting up effective claim system between allied guilds
- explaining some unwritten rules of valor like "who clears the city takes the city" (in cross claim situations etc.)
- some general examples on how to talk to other crowns in a polite way, I see too many guys using empty threats and treating everything as "an act of war" etc.

So who has the time/experience to explain such stuff? I think everyone who wants to be a crown in a guild should understand stuff like that.

Return to “Strategy”