Farm inactives or barbarians?

Discuss or develop strategies here!
colossk
Lancer

Farm inactives or barbarians?

Postby colossk » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:38 am

When I farm inactives, I never lose any troops and always get 640/640/640 of each resource. When I farm barbarians the haul is either the same or a LOT more but I can lose anywhere from 1-26 troops which can get pricey.

I dont like sending rams (should I?) because it takes 3x as long to get there and i could have farmed 3 inactives in the same time frame.

Which is better?

JimBo
Lancer

Postby JimBo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Well Colossk:

There are a number of thing in this post.
1) the reason that you are getting such a small amount from the inactive is because they have a very low level Warehouse. I recommend sending Knights to that inactive city because of there speed and you will not lose any if the wall and troops are at 0.
A) a night can haul 45 goods, use this simple formula to decide how many to send-- (max warehouse) X 3 / 45 = number of needed knights
B) so for that city 640X3= 1920/45 = 42.66 so send 43 Knights
2) Unlike an inactive a Barbarian will keep building after you attack, send a few scouts in every raid that way you know what there building (sometimes it is slow or none) If they are building up there wall as most of them do you will need to send a few rams ounce an a while to bust it back down or take the loss of troops

iTryHard
Lancer

Postby iTryHard » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:16 pm

I would say you should just send Rams and Ballistas with some attacking troops (like Guardians or Berserkers) to the Barbarian city and while they're traveling there you can farm some inactives near you. The problem is with barbarians is that they rebuild their walls whereas inactives don't.
p.s. this is what I do

zxhei
Lancer

Postby zxhei » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:35 pm

send scouts only first to find out the city information, (always do this if you could!)
then decide the next step.

Knight is the best to farm non-defense city, they move fast and take a lot.
If there is some army (Lancers and Berserkers for most case), use some berserkers to kill them first,
If there is a wall also, send some Rams with your berserkers, 3 rams will take lvl 1 wall, 5 rams take lvl 2 wall, as I tested. You need more rams to take down higher lvl wall, or you can do this with a few turns.

I am a new player.

Gilictic
Guardian

Postby Gilictic » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am

New player? Zxhei, you have a ton of points in the AP Gods of War on Kor (the only world where I joined AP GoW). How do you do that?

Nutterboy
Knight

Postby Nutterboy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:45 pm

How many is a tonne?

Just follow the barb shaping guide I made. Just use it on a lower level :)

Return to “Strategy”