Research limit on 3-level worlds

Discuss or develop strategies here!
LordOfDonuts
Lancer

Research limit on 3-level worlds

Postby LordOfDonuts » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:42 am

Hi,

I would appreciate some clarification...

Living on a 3-level world, I'm limited to 10 research points. I'm assuming this means that if I decide to go the following route:
- 1 point in Lancer (put in by the game automatically)
- 3 in Scout
- 3 in Guardian
- 3 in Berserker

I will NOT be able to ever build other unit types (Sentry, Ballista, etc.) in this particular city. Is this correct? Or can I research Sentry in the second city of mine and it will become available in city #1 as well?

And a follow-up question (I'm sorry - I've just started playing Valor). If a guild-mate sends some level 3 Sentry or other units to my city as Support, will I be able to command them as mine (e.g. send on raids), or do they just sit still and act purely as defense in case I'm attacked?

Thanks a ton.

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:12 pm

The research is city based not global. Each city has its own forge and 10 points that you can use. Which means you an have level 3 zerkers lancers and sentries in one city and in different city you can have level 3 scouts knights and guardians. The level of the troop is determined by the troops city of origin.

As for support troops, if someone sends 100 lancets to your city as support, they will automatically attempt to defend your city from incoming attacks.
You cannot control then other than being able to send them back to their city of origin. If you have support troops from another player in your city you can send that support back by doing the following:
Go to my city > rally point > troops and you can see the troop breakdown
If there is support there, the option of sending it back should also be there.

Return to “Strategy”