General order of attack when conquering a city

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Deano87
Knight

Postby Deano87 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:25 am

I always bring a wall down no matter what lol. If they get it back then so be it but at least I'm killing more of their troops in the process.

Batelllion
Knight

Postby Batelllion » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Well I only knock down wall when i am attacking an enemy,when i am attacking an inactive or barbarian,i avoid taking down walls.

DarthInsidious
Knight

Postby DarthInsidious » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Umm so its a lot more basic than that. Big a$$ first wave with however many rams you need to knock down his wall, with however many troops u need to kill his, with 3 ballistas to take out his rally point. And then scholar wave a few seconds after

99% of conquers happen this way.

Batelllion
Knight

Postby Batelllion » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:14 am

Well i have never felt like destroying rally point is a good point,because it takes no time to build it back.
Instead of that i use ballistas for walls,they pull down the wall very fast.

Batelllion
Knight

Postby Batelllion » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:15 am

Well i have never felt like destroying rally point is a good point,because it takes no time to build it back.
Instead of that i use ballistas for walls,they pull down the wall very fast.

DarthInsidious
Knight

Postby DarthInsidious » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:40 pm

It takes 3 minutes to buil back. Scholar waves can land 8 seconds apart. Do the math

Batelllion
Knight

Postby Batelllion » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:38 pm

But what advantage would it go in 8 seconds,it takes minimum 2 minutes to call back guardians from a village.
And if you want to say that you would time it like that than do note,i can time my support to reach at time scholars hit before your clearing waves,so it is no use to destroy my rally point.
If i will send it to a village to haul some resources it will definitely return on the time it is set for,it doesn't matter it's rally point gets destroyed.

RockNRoll
Knight

Postby RockNRoll » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Yoshiooo wrote:When attacking a city the first attack should send are scouts
Because you can see how many troops there are and buildings level if you have level 2 scouts

Then you should send a clearing wave with lots of berserkers knights and guardians to kill all the troops

Then you should sent rams and ballistas targeted at the wall to destroy it

Then send five scholar waves each with a scholar each and about 200 other troops

Sieges should be mixed in with your clearing waves. Not after all troops are killed. And if you're going to scout, don't just scout one city and let them pinpoint your target. Scout many cities of the same player. Your order of operations is decent, but one part is wrong and others are too simplistic

Return to “Strategy”