Casual Player Strategy

Discuss or develop strategies here!
decomposer
Lancer

Casual Player Strategy

Postby decomposer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Hello, I am new to this game. I just recently bought an I-Pad (it's actually for my kid) and was browsing for something fun to play when she's asleep. I enjoy Warcraft type games so thought this would be fun. I am a little worried though that being someone who will only log in maybe an hour or two a day that hardcore players will quickly overtake me. I did join a guild in hopes they will help keep me alive. Any suggestions? I just got out of newb mode, and looks like most of the cities around me are mostly unoccupied (they have lord23234 and not many points). It'll be hard to keep my upgrades up with everyone else since I can't log in every 2 hours. Any ideas of what I should build up first? thanks!

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Resources, warehouse, city hall and wall

Kur0r0
Knight

Postby Kur0r0 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi,

If you haven't checked it out yet, this guide might help!

http://forum.playmesh.com/showthread.php?2668-Valor-Beginner-s-Guide!

You can still do very well even if you can only spend a limited time on the game each day, for sure.

Good luck to you!

decomposer
Lancer

Postby decomposer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:24 pm

Thanks for the help! I like the farming idea. I found that I don't get more then 1944 total resources. Can you get more then that in a single haul?

lordnighy
Lancer

Postby lordnighy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:17 am

You can get more haul if u have more troops. The only prodlem is if your a farming inactive player your haul will be controled by the inactive players resource level.

foehammer47592
Lancer

Casual Player Strategy

Postby foehammer47592 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:15 pm

The beginner's guide will be alot of help. Casual players can never compete with the gold spending players who are on ten times a day. So I would recommend you build for defense and in clusters, try not to be an easy target. And never attack any real players because they will jump on you in retaliation. Since you are on only 2 hours a day, I would focus entirely on barbs for your first five cities (if you last that long).

Build up about 100-200 scouts, and then a couple thousand sentries. Most players won't attack a player they can't spy, and most players won't attack a city full of sentries in the early stages. Too expensive troop wise. 2000 sentries is a good foundation for any city.

As a rule of thumb, I try to get my resources to 25/25/25/20 (last one being the warehouse) before I focus on academy. Since you are only on 2 hours a day, make sure your forge is something you upgrade every night until you max it out.

Once you unlock guardians, build them instead of sentries and then get a couple thousand berzerkers when you are ready to attack other real players.

Best advice I can give: Don't **** off big players.
Second Best Advice: Ask questions in your guild forums; most players love giving advice.

Return to “Strategy”