Overpopulation/underpopulation

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Qwerty
Lancer

Overpopulation/underpopulation

Postby Qwerty » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:36 am

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what is good amount of troops to have in a city at certain level in the game.

For example, my hall/production facilities are around 20-25 level, I will soon have requirements for an academy.

Is my city well equipped with about 300 lancers and 300 sentries for defense? Should I have more troops at this stage?
How much units should I have before I make academy and start training scholars?

I wouldn't want to build up my city to high level only to have it conquered by someone.

I know it can always happen but I would like some general rule to how much should I have at my level?

p.s. I won't discover the world I play in and my in-game name, just to be sure :)

Michael2
Lancer

Postby Michael2 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:22 am

I'd say a general rule would be to have more than your enemy.
If you have a look in the simulator you will see that it doesn't take that many troops to get rid of 300 lancers and sentries.
Build your city and troops simultaneously and try to conquer your enemies before they have the chance to conquer you ;)

Qwerty
Lancer

Postby Qwerty » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:09 am

Well I have a bit more than my closest neighbors that are not in my guild/friendly guilds.

But I was thinking more of some relatively common number for say, 5k, 10k city...

Also, I understand that lancer/sentry is best for defense and berserkers/knights are best for offense. Since I have only 1 city so far, I need both attacking and defending units, later I will devide attacker/defender cities, but what would be a good ratio of offense/defense for 1 city play?

Now I have something like 400 lancers/sentries for defense and 400 zerks/175 knights for offence.

Oh yes, how many scouts is considered good for 10k city? I'm currently at 70 scouts and from what I heard, it would take around 210 enemy scouts to reveal full information about my troops, buildings and resources (3:1 ratio). Is that good or should I aim for 100 or more?

Michael2
Lancer

Postby Michael2 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:58 am

I think what you have is good amount of scouts and troops for that size city.
Sorry for late reply.

Return to “Strategy”