Troops choice

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Alexpelavas
Knight

Troops choice

Postby Alexpelavas » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 am

After. Awhile say 15 cities or so. What doe everyone build troop wise and why lol. I'm just wondering. And do you farm?
Personally I build just 4300 guards and 300 rams. Never besets. Motto is if I'm attacking I'm conquering haha. What's everyone troop strategy. And how well does it work.

Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:06 am

lancers and sentries are the best defensive units but they are really slow that's why I like to use both lancers plus senys and guards see u set up clusters of 7 cities that are very close together I split all the cities up into different catagiries like defense attack and scout I have 4 defensive cities 2 attack cities and 1 scout city these only only make what there name implies like defense I only make sents and lancers and attack I only make knights and berzerkers and scouts I only make scouts I have an lot 10000 lancers and 10000 sents in each city so I send about 5000 of each to my attacking and scout cities so if my cities are really close together I don't have to worry about travel time these clusters can support themselves and I believe are quite effective also when I'm at war or something like that and I get cities with no one else around them I only build guards in those cities so if I need them for defense in one of my clusters then I can send them it if I need help attacking I can attack as well this system works pretty we'll letme know what you all think

Alexpelavas
Knight

Postby Alexpelavas » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Ah ya I'm picky with my cities. I don't conquer something smaller than my smallest unless I only have capped cities lol. So hard to bet blocked sections. And I'm always attached. So guards work best for me lol

iTryHard
Lancer

Postby iTryHard » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:28 pm

I usually alternate defensive and offensive focused cities. Of course I max the walls and for defensive I'll build 11-12k L and 7-8k S. I'll use left over rez on rams, ballistas, guardians etc.
Offensive cities I build about 50/50 defense and offense. So I'll have 6000 L and S combined and I'll also have 6000B. I also have some guardians too (around 1000 or so).
Also, question for those more experienced, are sentries or guards better for defense against guards and zerks?
World 27 Andromeda: Dogs of War
I hate people who take my power away when we merge guilds and insult me ^_^

Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:36 am

Sentries are great at killing infantry units like berzerkers and lancers are great at killing mounted units like knights and guardians and guardians are ok at killing both mounted and infantry hope that helped

Return to “Strategy”