Seeking allies in World 87 since betrayed by Allies

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Sovereign
Lancer

Seeking allies in World 87 since betrayed by Allies

Postby Sovereign » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:38 pm

We had a previous ally decide they didn't want to be an ally anymore and gave the ultimatum: merge or be attacked. War game or not betraying an ally and attacking them just isn't nice. We have another ally guild that we have a great relationship with, and like their leader says, allies should be there to help and support you. Of this previous ally guild, one of the guild leaders feels bad but says it was a guild decision. He said they are being scouted by a larger guild so therefore the logical answer is to start a war with a previous ally? I personally don't understand it.

Anyways, we are seeking loyal ally guilds. We value our alliance greatly so we will assist your guild when in need. If you are guildless, please let me know if you are interested, and I will invite you too!

Also, any tips on what to do in the situation are appreciated as well.

foehammer47592
Lancer

Merge or Die!

Postby foehammer47592 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:46 pm

I am assuming you are new to Valor since your join date is 9-2012. And I am assuming that 87 is your first, or one of your first worlds.

It is common practice in the game for guilds to merge and then "eat" their inactives. Most players abandon their cities within the first week or two, or only login once in a while. Veteran players know how this works and don't take it personally. Once you get up to 50+ cities, playing more than one world at a time can be difficult (and expensive if you use gold).

On most worlds guilds can only have 25 members, so you need to constantly prune away your inactive members. In the first month, you are lucky if your top ten remain active.

Most veteran committed players recognize that they will change guilds several times throughout the history of a particular world. If you are a crown who started a guild from scratch, it can be difficult to give up the reigns of power and start taking orders. Most of the time, it is reasonable for founders to retain the crown in the new guild and be part of leadership.

These worlds last for months and the longer you last, the more of your friends you will say goodbye to and you will make new ones. Allies will become enemies. Enemies will become allies. Its all part of the game.

The good news is that most of the trolls are eliminated in the first month. After that, bark matches bite if you get my meaning.

Return to “Strategy”