3 level research

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Qwerty
Lancer

3 level research

Postby Qwerty » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:35 am

Ok, this is my first time playing a world with 3level research system.
What would be the best way to allocate those 10 research points for my first city.

I already invested 2 pts in scouts, 1pts in sentry, 1 in zerks and 1 in knights.
This leaves me with 5 more points to spend.

What is the best way to spend them (on my first city that is neither exclusive offense or defense city...) ?

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:39 pm

dont forget you already have 1 point on lancers automatically that cant be revoked if its on lv1
what i do for my first city usually is
1pt lancers
2pt zerks
2pt scouts
1/2 pt knights
2/3pt guards
1pt rams
id say go for rams and guardians. the guardians wll be the most useful to you in your first city for defending

Gionzau
Lancer

Postby Gionzau » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am

Your first city should be defensive and you need to know what's in those barbs. Go level 2 on all defensive and scouts. The attacking pieces dont matter until you get to around 10k as you should be thinking more about carrying more (sentries) for farming or doing it quicker (knights) or playing it safe (guardians). When you are ready to hit some players, level up on offensive troops you have more of.

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:53 am

Great ideas guys! I never thought about going rams in my first city, but I usually play pretty conservatively in my 1st conquer choice and go for straight FarmVille cities first.

In general I'd suggest go with your context. If you're in a nice big guild, generally uncontested, and well supported by nearby guild cities, you may want to be bold and go straight into offensive troops early, get your cap, then follow up with allocating for defensive troops. I've been through a few T-3 research worlds, where I don't get attacked until well into my 9th-10th cities, and the majority of my cities had only T-1 defensive troops researched. But again, it's all dependent on context.

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:38 pm

and on how your playing style is. i am a very crazy attacker lol. i like attacking people. defense isnt just my game although you do have to know how to when you are attacked. always try to find a good active guild. even if its small, if the players are active you will grow much faster

LordSeaice
Knight

Postby LordSeaice » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:32 pm

You have got some great advice to use from the above posts!
IMO lvl 3 worlds (best) are more of a strategists game on how your spread the 10 pts really does matter.
I usually go similar to Mecha but sentries are good defenders and I use 2 pts on them instead of Zerks.
Best offense is a great defense in any game or sports I've played.

Return to “Strategy”