Offensive strategy for fast development

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Qwerty
Lancer

Offensive strategy for fast development

Postby Qwerty » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:37 am

I always played very defensive, focusing on lancers and sentries early on, making my first captured city a defense city and only going for pure attack city as my third or sometimes even forth city. But today I had an idea to try something completely different in the next world.

As soon as I research zers, I produce nothing but zerks - no lancers for cavalry defense, no sentries for infantry defense.
As soon as I research knights I produce nothing but zerks and knights
As soon as I research rams I produce nothing but zerks, knights and rams.

This enables me to take a big city as my first capture and double my points almost over night and only then make that city a defense city while continuing to mass
offensive troops at my main city and choosing next big target.

So, instead of having 1st - defense, 2nd - defense, 3rd - offense it would look like 1st - offense, 2nd - defense, 3rd - offense :)

I can make large amounts of scouts as well so that no one can scout my city and see what is really going on...

What do you think about that?

Valkyrie9
Lancer

Postby Valkyrie9 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:39 am

Ive taken out many off these guys lately, the game is to dynamic for a one fits all strategy.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:05 am

True - you might get a fast developing guild near you that does a wolf pack on you ;)

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:20 pm

i cant really say much on this cuz im a all out attack player. i dont really focus on defense tht much in my first city. i try to conquer asap

Skarloc

Postby Skarloc » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:48 am

@Querty. If you play offensive, keep it quiet. I've always had my team hunt zerk building players. They are the easiest cities to cut down. Great Players like Mecha can pull this off through skill and experience, but its a gamble if a nearby guild works out you've gone offensive only. Just my 2 cents worth of input.

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:20 pm

@skarloc it depends on if its only him who does that or if its his whole guild. like for me i do mostly attack in the beginning anyways. but i know i can rely on my guilod to help cuz we always have a few hundred troops for defense if needed. so it really depends on how hes doing this strategy

KMT
Guardian

Postby KMT » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:18 am

3k guards attacking 18k berz... 18k berz killed. i love to receive those reports when i find an all berz guy LOL!

Skarloc

Postby Skarloc » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:36 pm

@MechStorm. It obviously also depends on how close his guild mates are ;0)

Squallzzp
Lancer

Postby Squallzzp » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:04 pm

certain amount of troops can cause certain amount damages,it's only 100% efficiency. but the defensive troops behind a high level wall can make your defence manyfold, cause much greater losses to your foes. The priority to capture a city,is your have enough power to hold and protect it.

cvince
Lancer

Postby cvince » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:12 pm

It depends on the world. I played in a world where everyone around me was slow to build or barbed out, so I just built offensive troops and went to town. I also have played a world where within 4 spaces there were three non-guild players all keeping pace. Defense and my guild were the only thing that kept me in once scholars started to roam. So look at how people are building, then pick your strategy.

Return to “Strategy”