Troop initiative

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Steward
Lancer

Troop initiative

Postby Steward » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Anyone have a clue which troops attack/defend first in a battle?

If every battle was just a matter of one troop type versus another then it's a simple calculation of the attack score versus the appropriate defense score. After that you'd just tootal the casualties.

However, when you attack a city with an assortment of troops it's really confusing what the outcome should (granted, I don't simulate much). If my opponent has lancers and guardians and I attack with knights and zerks, I'd like to have the zerks come in and wipe out the lancers and clear the way for the knights to attack the guardians. But obviously if the lancers defend the knights attack first and then the zerks make their attack the outcome is going to be dramatically different as the lancer will defend with maximum benefit.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Rams attack first. Everything else attacks second at the same time

Steward
Lancer

Postby Steward » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:23 pm

I've been trying some sims with a knight and some zerks attacking some lancers to see how the lancers will defend but I'm having trouble understanding how the math is working.

Squallzzp
Lancer

Postby Squallzzp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:09 pm

This is definitely a good question. maybe it just use an average value, such as summing troop's total defensive/offensive value and divided by quantity. So the combination of troops is essential. A good combination makes you neither too strong nor too weak,but most efficient.

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:04 am

This thread has a lot of insight on the exact questions you guys are posing. I'd also just like to add, "Use the Simulator, it seldom lies."

Return to “Strategy”