Beginner's Protection expiring, how did I do and what next?

Discuss or develop strategies here!
johnclements81
Lancer

Beginner's Protection expiring, how did I do and what next?

Postby johnclements81 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 pm

I am 20 minutes short of finishing my BP out. Being said, I'm asking for advice on both, how I did, and what to do next/in what order?

My buildings stand thus:

City Hall, Level 10
Barracks, Level 7
Stable, Level 1
Workshop, Level 0
Academy, Level 0
Forge, Level 6
Rally Point, Level 1
Market, Level 1
Lumbermill, Level 10
Quarry, Level 8
Ironmine, Level 10
Farm, Level 7
Warehouse, Level 10
Hiding Place, Level 3
Wall, Level 10

I used the 50g I got free, plus the 50g allotted to me from the Amazon outage all on resources. I am sitting at just over 180 various troop (mostly Lancers and Sentrys), and 10 Scouts.

At the end of it, it sounds like I'm fairly weak (and thankfully there aren't very many big players around me) but I'm curious how others would have done it differently.

Thanks for any advice!

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:32 pm

johnclements81 wrote:I am 20 minutes short of finishing my BP out. Being said, I'm asking for advice on both, how I did, and what to do next/in what order?

My buildings stand thus:

City Hall, Level 10
Barracks, Level 7
Stable, Level 1
Workshop, Level 0
Academy, Level 0
Forge, Level 6
Rally Point, Level 1
Market, Level 1
Lumbermill, Level 10
Quarry, Level 8
Ironmine, Level 10
Farm, Level 7
Warehouse, Level 10
Hiding Place, Level 3
Wall, Level 10

I used the 50g I got free, plus the 50g allotted to me from the Amazon outage all on resources. I am sitting at just over 180 various troop (mostly Lancers and Sentrys), and 10 Scouts.

At the end of it, it sounds like I'm fairly weak (and thankfully there aren't very many big players around me) but I'm curious how others would have done it differently.

Thanks for any advice!

Focus much more on resources.

chuckmonster
Lancer

Postby chuckmonster » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:17 am

^Agreed. The thing most newer players/lower point players do is they try to hard at the start to make their city 'invincible'. This is not a good idea as you'll run out of resources and waste time usually if you do this. Firstly, join a guild that is strong in your region to make sure no-one dares to attack you, then just focus on building resources!!!! (lumbermill/quarry should be slightly higher than ironmine at the start as they're more crucial for building)

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:07 am

Yeah,

Other than what was said, I'd say two of the biggest things that are missing from your status report are:

1. What does your guild look like/ where is your city in proximity to your guild members' cities? If it's far, you are right to invest in defensive troops and scouts. If it's close, then you should have focused more on upping your resources, warehouse, city hall, and farm, then rush to academy.

2. Were you farming barbarian cities with the troops you did have? This would bring you a pretty hefty amount of additional resources to expedite your building process. If you already worked yourself up to a forge. Knights are a great early game rush for farming.

Return to “Strategy”