The art of farming?

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Delic
Lancer

The art of farming?

Postby Delic » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:50 am

Been playing this game for three weeks now and I have come up with a strategy for farming, say if you have a 1000 knights and divide them into 5 so you have 200 knights in each group. Then send each group to 5 different inactive citys or barb city's the minimum you will receive is around 500 for each resource more or less. So if you add it up, all the resources you will receive is 7500. Which is not bad say if that's all done in 30 mins.

So that's my way and am not sure if that's the best way, maybe it can be done on a much bigger scale?

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Nice post about a game mechanic that is seemingly simple but actually takes a lot of strategy and is often overlooked by a vast majority of our players.

It's good that you spread your knights into smaller rallies. Rarely do you need 1000+ knights in a farming party, because cities rarely have enough resources to meet that haul capacity. I would say, however, that if you are at the point where you actually own 1k knights, you may be able to 1up your farming by sending scouts to potential megafarm locations. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find a single city that's unprotected and housing over 10k of each resource. Hit that with your full knight army or whatever is efficient, and you'll make well over what you're making now by using only a few scout waves and 1 knight wave.

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Wow this is BEAST! I have figured it out already after 6 months of studying Valor (been playing for almost 19 months) but for a rookie to figure this out... You would do very well in 2Olymp if you wish to join. We love knowledge and conquering strategies almost as much as actually conquering. We are a no nonsense guild.

Filthysnotrag
Knight

Postby Filthysnotrag » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:17 pm

I've only been around 3 wks myself. What I normally do is send scouts to all my neighboring barbs and inactives, then look around a wider radius for larger barb cities (walled). While I farm the ones close by, the scouts reach the larger ones further away. By the time I'm ready to log off, I can usually find one big city ripe for the plucking that I can send my knights to while I'm away. By the time I'm back, I can usually have a pretty nice haul waiting for me.

Delic
Lancer

Postby Delic » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:59 am

bananabandana wrote:Nice post about a game mechanic that is seemingly simple but actually takes a lot of strategy and is often overlooked by a vast majority of our players.

It's good that you spread your knights into smaller rallies. Rarely do you need 1000+ knights in a farming party, because cities rarely have enough resources to meet that haul capacity. I would say, however, that if you are at the point where you actually own 1k knights, you may be able to 1up your farming by sending scouts to potential megafarm locations. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find a single city that's unprotected and housing over 10k of each resource. Hit that with your full knight army or whatever is efficient, and you'll make well over what you're making now by using only a few scout waves and 1 knight wave.

Good advice, works better needed to send the rams knocking on the door first.

Vaeuel
Lancer

Postby Vaeuel » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:18 am

I've only been playing for about four days and I figured out the farming other player cities thing three days ago. I saved up resources and grew an army over night. And thought I'd be getting a head start against other players by conquering a barb. Great idea until I tried to go back to farming The Lord cities around me, now every time I attack one it disappears and I get nothing but wasted time and a headache.

Pump
Lancer

Postby Pump » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:52 pm

I have seen that too. It's like there's no investment in a particular world, they just say, what about the next shiny world?

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Pump wrote:I have seen that too. It's like there's no investment in a particular world, they just say, what about the next shiny world?

If they disappear after you attack, its because they were inactive. Inactive player cities are removed.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Return to “Strategy”