Troop-timing and lag

Discuss or develop strategies here!
jimbilbro@hotmail.com
Lancer

Troop-timing and lag

Postby jimbilbro@hotmail.com » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 am

When I first started playing, I seem to recall greater responsiveness in the commands. For instance, in a defense situation I had only a 10-second window between the the first scholar/clearing wave and the rest of the scholar train -- but I was able to time a dodge precisely to return within that window. Now, however, lag-times are frequently as great as minute or more and such precision timing has become impossible to count on. Was I just lucky in those early days or has something changed?

Shekina

Postby Shekina » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 am

I would recommend moving this post to the bug or questions section. This section is more for discussing strategy.

jimbilbro@hotmail.com
Lancer

Postby jimbilbro@hotmail.com » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:19 am

Sure, I'll move it. But if it's a feature, then we have to factor it into our strategy for timing attacks and dodges.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 am

I find my lag greatly increases when my kids are both trying to stream video through the house Internet. I run a 2-5 second lag, otherwise. I typically do a few test fires the minute before my actual launch, to make sure I have the lag right.

Shekina

Postby Shekina » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:26 am

Shekina wrote:I would recommend moving this post to the bug or questions section. This section is more for discussing strategy.

It certainly is not a feature.

Return to “Strategy”