Farming Formula

Discuss or develop strategies here!
FwA
Lancer

Farming Formula

Postby FwA » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Some of you may be sick of farming barbarian cities and sending way too many or little troops to claim all your loot. And some of you beginners may get no loot at all.
Here is my farming tactic with calculations included.
Scout 20 barbs your interested in, from a separate city your not planning to attack from (saves your attack slots when farming)
As the reports come in, you will see the resources your barb has and wall level.
- If wall is under level 7, you shouldn't suffer too greater losses. If higher, leave til before u go to bed and make an attack including rams so when u wake up... Wall gone :)
Go to your calculator. And use this method:
Cx3/Y=Z

C = Average number of each resource
Y = Troop haul capacity (of one troop)
Z = Total troops to send

So for a barb with average resource count of 7000 you would work it out like this.
7000x3/45 = 466.6

So I would send 470 knights and that's a perfect haul ;)
Tips:
-You can find your troop haul capacity in the help section. Under troops overview.
- This method only works when using a single troop type to farm with.
- I use pretty much any troop to farm with now. Once u build up and wars begin, focus on building the units u need to defend and attack with, not to farm with. (eg. build guardians instead of knights)
Hope I've managed to help someone out there :) best of luck

Infadel
Lancer

Barb Resources Count?

Postby Infadel » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Is the barb resources count you speak of discovered by sending a scout? (which I don't have any yet). I'm a noob (2 days) and have been farming the nearest barbarian city over and over, and noticed that my haul is not always equal to my max capacity. Do I need to strategize a rotation of barb cities to farm from to ensure a maximum haul returned?

Return to “Strategy”