FAQ: Influence and How it Works

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Kruldar
Lancer

FAQ: Influence and How it Works

Postby Kruldar » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:14 am

I am a little new to this; I will be adding information so it's made clear what influence is and how the new features of the recent update allow you to cap barbarian cities:

Can I cap a player without an academy?
~No, this only applies to barbarian cities.

How do Barbarian Cities work on these worlds?
~Each city has a base influence rate. Barbarian cities can become player-controlled if a player gets its influence to 100 points.

What is influence and how do you cap a barb city?
~Influence allows you to capture a city. When capping a barbarian city, any player can attack a barbarian city to bring its influence down. However, when capping the city a yours, you must make personal attacks on the city so it's yours.

How are Barbarian cities different?
~Barbarian cities unlike normal cities do not offer all the buildings a normal city has. They will have a different graphical overview as well. The buildings unavailable in barb cities are: Stable, Workshop, Competitions, Wheel of Fortune, and Academy. As barbarian cities don't have every building, the only troops they are able to produce are lancers, sentries, and berserkers. Additionally, the City Hall can only be upgraded to level 15 which diminishes the upgrade time of buildings. Resource buildings produce 80% of what they produce from a normal player's city.

I attacked a barbarian city and lost troops. Why?
~Barbarian cities produce troops periodically. There is a certain amount of troops built (lancers/sentries/berserkers). Once the unit cap is reached, unit production is stopped. If the city loses troops, troops are made periodically till it reaches the unit cap again.

How do I gain influence?
~Every world has a separate influence regeneration rate. This can be checked in the options or information when joining a world.

*Credit for this thread goes to Playmesh for posting the information. I have only made it clearer by posting this FAQ.*

death123321
Lancer

Postby death123321 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks, this is great...
Can we cap barbs with scholars and will doing so turn them into normal cities(with full capabilities)?

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:04 pm

death123321 wrote:Thanks, this is great...
Can we cap barbs with scholars and will doing so turn them into normal cities(with full capabilities)?

You need to cap barbs via influence. You can convert a barbarian into a lord city by sending a scholar to the barbarian when it has full influence.

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:59 pm

PwnLaw wrote:You need to cap barbs via influence. You can convert a barbarian into a lord city by sending a scholar to the barbarian when it has full influence.

You would send the scholar to the city as support. And don't worry, guildmates can't steal your barb city by sending scholars to it; only you can convert barb cities to lord cities that way.

LordEmitheBrave
Lancer

Postby LordEmitheBrave » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:28 am

HOW do you see how much influence I have on a barbarian city and how many times I should attack it?

Negrodamas
Lancer

Postby Negrodamas » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:43 pm

I would love to know where the influence bar is as well, i have been puding this barb territory near me for hours now and nothing.

I have 122 Lancers, 121 Sentries and 66 beserkers. They are doing nothing but bringing back empty resources at this point.

Negrodamas
Lancer

How to see bar influence

Postby Negrodamas » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Can anyone tell me how i can see the influence on the Barb city i am attacking?

Pauld2468
Guardian

Postby Pauld2468 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:07 am

Negrodamas wrote:Can anyone tell me how i can see the influence on the Barb city i am attacking?

Its at the very bottom of the attack report

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:48 am

And sending defensive troops at it isn't going to do a lot of good. Lancers and sentries make only small changes to influence.

T3hAwsum
Lancer

Capturing a second city

Postby T3hAwsum » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 am

So basically it would be better for me to capture a city created by a player than to capture a barbarian city? Because barb cities don't have all buildings available? I'm talking about capturing with scholars and stuff

Return to “Strategy”