How to defend against scouts

Discuss or develop strategies here!
ForTeaSicks
Lancer

How to defend against scouts

Postby ForTeaSicks » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:48 pm

I was just wondering if anyone knew the best way to defend against scouts.

Is it quantity of defensive units, is it the variety of defensive units, is it dependant on wall?

Cheers,

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:40 am

Lots of scouts. Go into the simulator and try some numbers.

Powerbang

Postby Powerbang » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:16 am

If your city contains more than double the amount of scouts that were sent with the attack, all of the attacking scouts will die.

Conversely, if you send more than twice as many scouts in your attack, than exist in the defending city, no scouts will die.

Any percentage between 50-200% will have SOME scouts die. How many depends on the ratio of attack to defense.

Scouting attacks are calculated independently of the wall level.

Hopefully this helps you.

Kalm

Postby Kalm » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:21 am

So to update hold 201 scouts rather than 200 so if uR opponent sends 400 you can calc the result, he will get the report but without spies out of city etc

Powerbang

Postby Powerbang » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 pm

I usually hold 1 city with scouts... A LOT of them... Thousands. Ill move them as needed to cities I want to keep shrouded in mystery, forcing opponents to spend gold if they want to see what's in my city... There are other advantages to this approach, such as the ability to get a report on nearly any city as it would take many thousand more scouts than you sent to block you from obtaining a report. Not only do you get your report using this approach, scouts almost never die because the ratio attack to defense ratio is far in excess of 2:1. It also allows me to keep a substantial amount of troops in other cities as I don't keep many scouts.... Food for thought.

Return to “Strategy”