Besty City to Destroy?

Discuss or develop strategies here!
soldir
Lancer

Besty City to Destroy?

Postby soldir » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:01 pm

What is the best city to destroy if I don't want to conquer city? I was thinking city hall which i think would cause the Academy to disappear (I think)? Is this right?

Powerbang

Postby Powerbang » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:36 pm

No it is not. Once a building is constructed, the prerequisites for obtaining it are no longer necessary. For this same reason, you are able to downgrade your forge once an academy is complete without losing the academy.

To render a city useless for a long time... Hit the Farm, followed by the forge and academy. After these its debatable on which has the biggest impact between city hall, barracks, stables or resource buildings... So why not destroy them all?

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:11 pm

I agree w/Powerbang, but I usually hit Wall first, then the rest that he suggested. That way you lose less troops. Nothing is greater when you fake a player and he dodges 5 waves all that knock down his Wall, Farm, Forge, Academy and City Hall. B-)

Powerbang

Postby Powerbang » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 am

Hit the wall with rams, far more effective and more efficient on resources/farm units.

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:54 am

Powerbang wrote:Hit the wall with rams, far more effective and more efficient on resources/farm units.

If you build a city with Rams, yeah. I should have explained that I only build ballistas. That way I don't have to train two different troop types. Since ballistas can hit walls, or anything else (expect Hiding Place), it makes more sense to only build those for me.

Sirboland
Knight

Postby Sirboland » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Greyhigh wrote:If you build a city with Rams, yeah. I should have explained that I only build ballistas. That way I don't have to train two different troop types. Since ballistas can hit walls, or anything else (expect Hiding Place), it makes more sense to only build those for me.

Although Rams tear down Walls more efficiently.. Ballistas overall are better than rams, Because they have good offence and defence compared to rams.. I usually just split, In the first wave it contains rams, and second contains ballistas, although having 5 hits in a row only is good if you have the first being ballistas or rams and second being fake scholars or real scholars, if you are doing fake scholars it doesnt work very well if you dont have experiance

Imya
Knight

Postby Imya » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Can you defend against ballistas? Does having more ballistas on defend allow you to mitigate building damage?

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:04 am

Imya wrote:Can you defend against ballistas? Does having more ballistas on defend allow you to mitigate building damage?

I know Sentries for ground troops, and Lancers for mounted troops, but I never really knew what takes down ballistas the best. I would guess Sentries, but don't know for sure.

Michael2
Lancer

Postby Michael2 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Imya wrote:Can you defend against ballistas? Does having more ballistas on defend allow you to mitigate building damage?

if at least 1 ballista in the attack survives they will do full damage. the more support in the city the less damage ballistas will do.

I usually have a combination of rams and ballista. means u can keep the wall down while hitting something else in the same attack. As for things to knock down; farm, warehouse and city hall is all you need to knock down to make the city useless but if im going to demolish i go all the way and get rid of everything.
Kakao ID: M2M120

Chimera21
Lancer

Postby Chimera21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:16 pm

What I do is hit the farm, warehouse, CH in that order. Farm down cripples the city. Warehouse down keeps them from buying farm because of resource cap, keeping the farm down longer. And CH increases all the build times. The goal is to have the city crippled for as long as possible.

Return to “Strategy”