Poll: who uses gold

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Faffachan
Lancer

Postby Faffachan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:15 am

I installed the game last Satiurday. I like it a lot, but I do not like the fact that gold seems to be available only for those who spend real money to buy it.

I do not see the sense in that... it is a game and those who are better at strategy / dedication should move forward... not those who can afford spending money. There is no fun in buying your way to success.

I love the old-fashioned way, as it was with Age of Empires, when you buy the game and then play only based on your skills. The in-app gold purchase created a distinction between player based on money, not on skills.

Hendersonmc
Lancer

Postby Hendersonmc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:47 am

Everyone uses the $100 gold initially given to new device using the game. You are prodded constantly to buy the queue extender, and I doubt there are many ( or any? ) who do not spend 50 on the QE. There once was a special for Auroras Blessing for free; nice feature, but that blessing was wasted ultimately. Anyway, once the free gold was mostly gone ($5 left), I was shocked at the prices like everyone else posting here. Still, I have made two purchases of gold.

The one feature they don't have for those spending real $$$ on this game is better game service so the app does not die as often on timeouts waiting for the server.

Return to “Strategy”