How do you build your cities and armies?

Discuss or develop strategies here!
jfoe1980
Lancer

How do you build your cities and armies?

Postby jfoe1980 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Just curious how other people do it. I personaly build my cities with low pop score to deter potential attackers. I demolish my forge, and only research off or defense to keep players from taking a offense city while I sleep, and making defense. I keep my clay at 30, and iron and wood at 29. I max barracks and stable, farm and warehouse, and keep workshop at 10 or 15. I am even considering taking cities and completely demolishing everything including resources and city hall, except for barracks, farm, workshop, stable, and a very low market. Which wil make low level cities good targets as I will just transport in resources to build my army.

As far as troops go I keep it strictly offense or defense. For defense ideal for me is around 2000 each lancers, and sentry's, and the rest all guardians. For my offense cities I make around 8000 zerks, 3100 knights, and 500 rams. This is usually enough to take down a level 25 wall if I can get through with some wiggle room.

The reason I am asking is I am considering changing my offense and defense setup. Considering more knights and less zerks, and as for the defense strictly guardians. I have noticed a lot of people have mixed cities with thousands of zerks, and no knights. Instead they use guardians. Not sure why they do this but I would like to know the theory behind this setup.

I am also considering making ballistas finally and i'm around 25 cities in the game, in the number 1-ish 2-ish guild depending on the day and at constant war. I think some crop destruction may be the best solution.

I am curious to see what the vet players do. I am on android on the old servers, so the new rules don't apply right now.

Aldrnarin
Lancer

Postby Aldrnarin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:34 am

I completely agree with demolishing etc, but i like to keep attack and defence cities next to each other if possible, that way if im attacked support arrives quickly. If u have like 25 cities and u r full of resources, over 5k lancers and sentries are better as they take up less food and 4 of them is equivalent to 1 guardian, which is much more efficient. I only train approx 4k guards to give quick support for other guild members under attack

Spartacurse
Lancer

Postby Spartacurse » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:30 am

Its a matter of preference of course. Especially in the latter stages of the game the bottleneck for capturig new cities is rather real world time restrictions or lack of scholars rather than lack of offensive power.

So the extra kick of knights over guardians is negligable. I generally built my offensive cities with zerks + guards, so I always have guards around without having to locate a defensive city. It also happens that these guards get sent off for offense / to die, so the city can harbor 20k+ zerks.

My scholarship farming cities hav max clay, farm, warhouse, 29 wood, iron, low everything else, lvl 20 barracks. These cities can produce defensive infantry units for my frontline cities. Some of them have lvl 25 market to dump resources to the frontline.

Frontline defensive quickresponse cities have pure guardians, for their versatility. Defensive cities untill the frontline moves and these guards can be used for an offensive. Its always a shame to have to kill off 15k defensive infantry on an enemy wall. I just dont want them to get that KSD.

In earlier stages, I barely use guardians. Mostly infantry, as these are more resource-efficient.

jfoe1980 wrote:Just curious how other people do it. I personaly build my cities with low pop score to deter potential attackers. I demolish my forge, and only research off or defense to keep players from taking a offense city while I sleep, and making defense. I keep my clay at 30, and iron and wood at 29. I max barracks and stable, farm and warehouse, and keep workshop at 10 or 15. I am even considering taking cities and completely demolishing everything including resources and city hall, except for barracks, farm, workshop, stable, and a very low market. Which wil make low level cities good targets as I will just transport in resources to build my army.

As far as troops go I keep it strictly offense or defense. For defense ideal for me is around 2000 each lancers, and sentry's, and the rest all guardians. For my offense cities I make around 8000 zerks, 3100 knights, and 500 rams. This is usually enough to take down a level 25 wall if I can get through with some wiggle room.

The reason I am asking is I am considering changing my offense and defense setup. Considering more knights and less zerks, and as for the defense strictly guardians. I have noticed a lot of people have mixed cities with thousands of zerks, and no knights. Instead they use guardians. Not sure why they do this but I would like to know the theory behind this setup.

I am also considering making ballistas finally and i'm around 25 cities in the game, in the number 1-ish 2-ish guild depending on the day and at constant war. I think some crop destruction may be the best solution.

I am curious to see what the vet players do. I am on android on the old servers, so the new rules don't apply right now.

Return to “Strategy”