Discussion for 2.0 Valor Changes

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Jodamann

A few more thoughts....

Postby Jodamann » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Its interesting to that this thread is actually monitored. I played a few worlds basically beginning in w18. I was ranked #1 for weeks or months until i quit because the game lost its appeal at the point of the game. Here's a few observations:

1. An incrementally helpful auto setting to handle routine tasks such as purchasing scholarships, buying units and farming would be very useful. Perhaps, the automated benefits can be phased in as 50/100/200/500 cities are conquered. This would be complementary to the bonuses already progammed when achievements are attained except that itwould be something to aim for when the game is months old.

2. Once i had over four hundred incoming attacks to my cities. My system (i use ipad2) kept crashing and was incapacitated even trying auroras blessing. I charaterize this as akin to the chaos strategy. I applaud getting rid of chaos. I never liked it. This could also be a problem.

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:35 pm

Humph, I don't think big players should get automated benefits. Big empires should be difficult to micromanage. It gives the smaller player the chance to cause confusion.

Joshuasky
Knight

Postby Joshuasky » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:27 pm

With great power cOmes great responsibility

Deano87
Knight

Postby Deano87 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Jodamann wrote:It would be a great feature if we could save repetitive farming actions. The book mark feature can help. But, if we could launch multiple city coordinates in pre-programmed attacks, it would take the manual laboring out of it. The time required to type in coordinates or select cities to farm is labor intensive. Frequently, the highest performers farm all the time while those that dont have a significant disadvantage. I think it would help equalize competition and make the game more interesting.

Also, i like the idea of an end game. The futility of no end game makes the ownership of hundreds of cities somewhat frustrating and more of an endurance contest than one of skill, tactics, and strategy.

A lot of people take time out of their busy lives to farm as much as possible to get that all important edge on others. Making farming easier for everyone will take their hard work and effort away and give it to others who don't put in the time an effort. Why should someone that plays this game once a day be able to farm as much as someone that plays it 3 times a day?

IdesOfMach
Knight

Postby IdesOfMach » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:35 am

Tooltip wrote:Humph, I don't think big players should get automated benefits. Big empires should be difficult to micromanage. It gives the smaller player the chance to cause confusion.

I agree that the benefits proposed do seem a bit unfair, but I also think there should be some way to make a "royal decree" of sorts, some type of command that would go out to every city. Say, instead of being able to see every city's resources and scholarship-making ability on the portal screen, you would have a button to have ALL cities with enough resources make a scholarship. There would be a time delay, of course, as a penalty for using the decree. This wouldn't be modifiable: all or none, no "Make x scholarships." (That could be a gold option, though.) Because, even in a massive empire where you CAN'T micromanage every city remotely, you can still set rules.

Solituary
Lancer

Postby Solituary » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:51 am

I think a great idea would be a bigger variety of worlds, like ones for people who literally have all day to play valor (ie very fast world speeds), ones for people that have barely any time but would still like to (like two or three times a week, say) and of course some in between. If there was a way of making localised ones that are only open to people in a specific group of time zones, that'd be cool too. That way you would have to worry (too much) about getting attacked in the night because of people on the other side of the world and it'd potential encourage people to actually get some sleep (more aimed at kids, I guess).

Also, one thing that's slightly connected that bothers me slightly, it'd be nice if we could see the setting of a new world as soon as it is released, not a while afterwards.

Either way, I'd like you to know I'm not complaining and I really enjoy this game and quite like the sense of community you get from it :)

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:38 am

Solituary wrote:I think a great idea would be a bigger variety of worlds, like ones for people who literally have all day to play valor (ie very fast world speeds), ones for people that have barely any time but would still like to (like two or three times a week, say) and of course some in between. If there was a way of making localised ones that are only open to people in a specific group of time zones, that'd be cool too. That way you would have to worry (too much) about getting attacked in the night because of people on the other side of the world and it'd potential encourage people to actually get some sleep (more aimed at kids, I guess).

Also, one thing that's slightly connected that bothers me slightly, it'd be nice if we could see the setting of a new world as soon as it is released, not a while afterwards.

Either way, I'd like you to know I'm not complaining and I really enjoy this game and quite like the sense of community you get from it :)

This is something I've been spending a lot of time thinking about lately. We're never going to take the brutal edge off of the game, but that doesn't mean it can't cater to people with varied levels of time available.

Frankly, there is a ton of stuff we've been thinking about, it's just a matter of deploying limited resources to get the best gains for the game. It's reassuring to see that so many of the players are thinking about the same things we are though.

ItzJosh
Knight

Postby ItzJosh » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Will The update come 00:00 Vt or later? Idk really know And its late here if its on VALOR 00:00 :( want to see it asap

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Valor 2.0 will probably be released sometime morning/afternoonish PST.

It requires me to push a giant red , "Deploy" button once I get into the office.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:15 pm

Orlor wrote:Valor 2.0 will probably be released sometime morning/afternoonish PST.

It requires me to push a giant red , "Deploy" button once I get into the office.

But....the button says in clear lettering "DO NOT PUSH." Should we risk it?

Return to “Event Archive”