Valor Still Down - Android

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
lordrickard7
Knight

Postby lordrickard7 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:00 pm

I'm guessing nothing has changed on that end either Snake. The original estimate for the Amazon client was 2-3 days at best under an expedited order.

I assume we just keep checking in every couple hours lol.

Not quite as fun as playing the game but a valid time-waster substitute nonetheless.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:12 pm

snakeviper wrote:Orlor can i get a guess for the kindles version coming out? I understand it wont be 100% accurate just want to be in the idea of when, thank you

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we are going to get an expedited review for the Amazon submit.

The Amazon and Google Play builds will be submitted at near the same time. While the Google Play version will only take a few hours at most to be up, the Amazon version can take up to a week. It all depends when the Amazon review team is able to take a look at it.

The original estimate of a few days seems to be on track for everybody but Kindle Fire users. Depending on the length of review and the small chance we still get an expedited review process, it could be another few days up to a week until the Kindle Fire users will be able to log in again.

The perma truce will continue for all users up to the point where they are able to download and log in again. So for the Kindle fire users this will be a bit longer.

lordrickard7
Knight

Postby lordrickard7 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:20 pm

That is highly useful information Orlor. Thank you.

I will caution those of you reading this that the actual submission time is still up in the air. The time we will be able to log in after submission should be pretty clear for both kindle fire users and non users alike now.

It's just waiting for word that it has been submitted for those able to use Google Play that is the next step ;)

lordrickard7
Knight

Postby lordrickard7 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:28 pm

It may behoove Kindle Fire users (and even those that aren't) to contact customer service at Amazon asking that they please grant the expedited review. While my feeling is they may be less than pleased with Playmesh for going to Google, hearing from their customers that we aren't pleased with not being supported by Amazon may bring some added pressure to bear.

And don't ask Orlor/PlayMesh if they recommend this as that puts them in a delicate position lol.

Be squeaky wheels but don't be overly rusty.

Potato
Lancer

Postby Potato » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:43 pm

I am getting that STUPID "oof error if you keep getting this please contact us". Contact who???

snakeviper
Lancer

Postby snakeviper » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Thank you orlor it sucks tbh but atleast ik whats up now and atleast i can say the info has always been up to date because of you

lordrickard7
Knight

Postby lordrickard7 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:47 pm

@ snake - If you are Android, read all the previous posts and you will know that it is a very known issue.

Btw, here is the message I am sending to Amazon customer service.

Good day.

I have been playing the Android version of the game Valor by PlayMesh for several months now and have spent quite a bit of money on it. As of Sunday, we Androiders cannot access the game. My understanding is that there is some sort of submission process that PlayMesh has requested an expedited review for and that Amazon has denied it, lengthening the time we can't play the game from 1-2 days after they submit it (hopefully later today) to upwards of a week or whenever the Amazon review team gets time to check it out. The Android Valor players are none too happy.

I would like my urgent request to approve the expedited review process passed on to whoever makes those decisions for the review team.

Many of us are contemplating not playing the game, and therefore not spending money, because of this issue. As the system is an online MMO with a guild system where players talk to each other, I and others are urging Android users to write Amazon with this complaint/request. Please keep our faith in the high standards of customer service that we are accustomed to from Amazon.

Thank You

andrreww
Lancer

Postby andrreww » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Valor IOS just crashed.. they are back up already, took 14 minutes to fix their problem.

andrreww
Lancer

Postby andrreww » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Priorities I guess.

ArnieTheGreat
Lancer

Postby ArnieTheGreat » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm

As someone who has run very large customer service organizations in the past, the first answer is very simple: Post status on the main Valor page and on the PlayMesh homepage. Not everyone logs a ticket or checks the Android forums. A simple text box, updated frequently, on the home pages would help ALOT. Status should include which clients are having problems, hours of server maintenance, current rev level of each client, AND which are having problems.

Second, #1 Forum should be "Valor Status". Let everyone know when they login exactly what is going on. Why? As an example, most non-Android players don't read the Android thread. And not all Androids can use the Google version. Fire users are all down and many people not reading the Android forum don't know that they'll be down longer. This is going to be a real problem for anyone in an active guild - our fellow players will have no idea why we are inactive because if they don't have an Android, they probably aren't aware of what's going on. So - the addition of a simple post updated frequently by PlayMesh would help keep everyone on the same page. Not a forum with threads etc - just a support post updated at least twice per day.

Neither of these would cost PlayMesh more than a few minutes of web and forum editing. No coding required. And it would definitely help lower the frustration level.

Return to “Event Archive”