Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
DarkAuthority
Lancer

Postby DarkAuthority » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Theassassin17 wrote:Well put my friend!

Playmesh use Amazon servers so they should ask Amazon to compensate them for thier losses and we ask playmesh to compensate us for our losses.
I have resource boost running and my warehouse is maxed now that I have been locked out of the game.

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:23 pm

I missed launching scholars on like 5 claims... Now I'm gonna lose about 30 full attack cities worth of troops and not even have a change at conquer. Great, and after all the damn money I've spent buying good for this game

Cynderwolf
Lancer

Postby Cynderwolf » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:23 pm

DjMcBrien wrote: Maybe you shouldn't use coins and play without them like most people?

Watching the way ppl have grown around me in new worlds I would have to disagree with you about "most people" not bison coins.

The only thing I was asking after was potential compensation. Being the player base that does use coins makes it so playmesh makes money and makes it so the ppl who don't use coins get to play the game for free I would suggest that the ppl who play for free show a little appreciation is read of making the kind f statement above. I again am by no means blaming playmesh but from a business standpoint we are customers and they are the business we are currently not getting what some of us have paid for. And in standard practice small compensation keeps us happy. I AM NOT saying te have to I simply asked. As with playmesh they should be getting a great deal of compensation from amazon, those players who pay should also perhaps get a small something. It is up to playmesh in the end and personally I think amazon really should be handing out compensation to all its customers.
Again. I love valor and I think playmesh is doing a fantastic job.

Btw how do you edit your post after the fact.

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:25 pm

For those asking about redundancy. Food for thought. To make a redundant system Playmesh would have to think about the secondary being somewhere other than Amazon as this isn't the first time Amazon has has issues. Then, secondary hosted at Amazon or not, they have to come up with a system to keep all worlds, all accounts, all data synced up so if the primary went down the secondary was fairly up to date. Then you are looking at some loss because it is expensive for live update solutions.

michseeine
Lancer

Postby michseeine » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:27 pm

anyone knows the server process is still running but still unreacheable or crashed too? Then it have to be restarted and maybe nothing is lost. Orlor do you have any info about?

DevAuto
Lancer

Postby DevAuto » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:33 pm

I think most changes occur almost immediately after you make them and are put into a database. If the system stops completely, when it comes back up it will read in the last known state from the database and restore you where you were. It may also calculate troop damages and things based on clock settings, but I'm not sure.

If anyone has different or better information, please feel free to correct me, my info is based on my observations of how the game seems to work, not any technical facts.

michseeine
Lancer

Postby michseeine » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:40 pm

i think so. I it's right then it schould be easy to restart exactly 24 hours after crash and correct all date values by 1 day and it seems as nothing happens but real life it 1 day further ... ;-)

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:43 pm

It would depend on if the servers are down or just the access to them whether they were still running or not. Would also depend on how the code was written whether it takes into account clock time for "buffs" or can take into account outages or lapses in time id the server are down and automatically extend those buffs accordingly. This happened to GoDaddy just a couple months ago. Theirs impacted my University I work at and they did compensate something to their customers. I would expect Amazon would do the same for Play Mesh as this does impact their business, free game play or not. The game is awesome and it sucks when another company has such a huge impact and it is out of your control.

Pidge
Lancer

Postby Pidge » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:44 pm

If this problem gets fixed while us Brits are in bed and someone from west of the Atlantic takes my city as a result I will be expecting at least a million gold.

I don't mean Valor currency either, I mean real pirate booty.

DevAuto
Lancer

I wish ...

Postby DevAuto » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:46 pm

I hope Valor comes back on-line soon since my available playing time is dwindling fast ...

Return to “Event Archive”