Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
michseeine
Lancer

Postby michseeine » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Luiscoelho wrote:Yes it is. I'm 100% sure that amazon webservices sucks ;)

... maybe you're right! ;-)

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Luiscoelho wrote:Yes it is. I'm 100% sure that amazon webservices sucks ;)

Unless this is all a sham and some ****ed off gamer seiged Orlor's kingdom and he ran out of gold and had to shut down valor so he could rebuild, leaving Amazon completely innocent.

Luiscoelho
Lancer

Postby Luiscoelho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:48 pm

PwnLaw wrote:Sigh. Wish everyone would come by when things are up so we could chat. The forums get lonely sometimes. :(

I just speak in the game with my farmers :D

Luiscoelho
Lancer

Postby Luiscoelho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm

cjclags wrote:Unless this is all a sham and some ****ed off gamer seiged Orlor's kingdom and he ran out of gold and had to shut down valor so he could rebuild, leaving Amazon completely innocent.

LOL maybe that's the reason.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Luiscoelho wrote:Orlor, is there any kind of statistics To determine the downtime for the last 6 month with servers?
I would say that in 6 months it's the third time Valor is down and each time never less than 6 or 7 hours.

We've run stats on it. This is the third time we've had down time as a result of AWS in the last year. The first was a freak power outage in San Diego, the second was a massive thunderstorm in Virginia. This time I think it's because the world hates me (I'm not sure that's an engineering explanation, but it feels right).

Total down time as a result of PlayMesh is about 30 minutes over the last year.

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Hey, theres Orlor! Get em!

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:51 pm

cjciags.... You have it all wrong. You can't go after the vending machine company. It is obviously the janitors fault. The one who has no control over the functioning of it.

michseeine
Lancer

Postby michseeine » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:51 pm

cjclags wrote:Unless this is all a sham and some ****ed off gamer seiged Orlor's kingdom and he ran out of gold and had to shut down valor so he could rebuild, leaving Amazon completely innocent.

you mean that's the way playmesh call a truce ??
lmao

fodice
Lancer

Postby fodice » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Amazon update:
3:48 PM PDT We are continuing to work to restore the remaining affected EBS volumes and the instances that are attached to them. We have been able to increase the rate of recovery in the last thirty minutes and hope to have the majority of the remaining volumes recovered shortly.

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Brikel wrote:cjciags.... You have it all wrong. You can't go after the vending machine company. It is obviously the janitors fault. The one who has no control over the functioning of it.

What a mess. Those poor poor janitors...

Return to “Event Archive”