Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Luiscoelho
Lancer

Postby Luiscoelho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:54 pm

PwnLaw wrote:We've run stats on it. This is the third time we've had down time as a result of AWS in the last year. The first was a freak power outage in San Diego, the second was a massive thunderstorm in Virginia. This time I think it's because the world hates me (I'm not sure that's an engineering explanation, but it feels right).

Total down time as a result of PlayMesh is about 30 minutes over the last year.

So that's why.
Maybe the storm will pass one more time To fill someone's pockets with the gold spent in the game :)
Glad I don't get a lot or I would be very ****ed off.
Does it comes back with sunny days, tomorrow it will be...

Luiscoelho
Lancer

Postby Luiscoelho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:57 pm

By the way, Orlor, I'm just kiding, don't get ****ed at me and get your massive troops out of my cities ;)

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Friends, what we are looking at here is a "wag the dog" scenario it isn't really down but just making us believe that to improve their ratings on the forums. The forums were dying out so they had to suspend game play to get us over here.

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Brikel wrote:cjciags.... You have it all wrong. You can't go after the vending machine company. It is obviously the janitors fault. The one who has no control over the functioning of it.

Haha touche :D

Luiscoelho
Lancer

Postby Luiscoelho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Brikel wrote:Friends, what we are looking at here is a "wag the dog" scenario it isn't really down but just making us believe that to improve their ratings on the forums. The forums were dying out so they had to suspend game play to get us over here.

That's what I said. And it's cheaper too.
Less 7 hours of amazon services in the end of the month.
Does Playmesh being refunded?
We should get a share of it too.

Lordsid
Lancer

Postby Lordsid » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm not happy I want a refund for loss of gold while system down not play mesh fault but its someone fault I'm a paying customer I've already spent a lot money on this game it's only fair that we paying customers get something back as a reburstment if I don't then I won't be spending anymore and class it as insult I think I'm being fair but I do work for trading standards here in the uk

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Brikel wrote:Friends, what we are looking at here is a "wag the dog" scenario it isn't really down but just making us believe that to improve their ratings on the forums. The forums were dying out so they had to suspend game play to get us over here.

Hrmm rather plausible scenario..PwnLaw must be behind this! Well done Pwn, well done.

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:06 pm

I do not want to take away from anyone who has put money into the game. I had que extensions myself going on two accounts in two worlds each. Unfortunately that is the risk of computers. But, I would settle for my own world with just barbs. I think I can handle them.

Ayaki
Lancer

Postby Ayaki » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Playmesh, you host a real time game. You dont have a back up plan? This isnt chess. No backup service? Reroute to a new host? Disaster Recovery?

Guess you didnt need it till you needed it, just a thought. By no means an IT expert but I know if i ran this deal with amount of players and money at stake, down time would never happen.

Lordsid
Lancer

Postby Lordsid » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Well someone needs to get there act together rather quickly just got off the phone to my investigation officer agent he said they are already breaking the law here in the uk and be contacting apple in the morning to referr complaints for refunds

Return to “Event Archive”