Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:07 pm

MemphisRedneck wrote:Pwnlaw this is for you.

Have you heard anything about a time frame by any chance? A lot of people in the guild I'm in are asking about it.

They say they're working on it and that things but they're tight-lipped on timeline. We're noticing some promising trends in server health, but that's not translating into a hard estimation on time.

Filthysnotrag
Knight

Postby Filthysnotrag » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:08 pm

MemphisRedneck wrote:Pwnlaw this is for you.

Have you heard anything about a time frame by any chance? A lot of people in the guild I'm in are asking about it.
My daughter, any time we drive ANYWHERE, asks "how much longer? How many more minutes?" I usually tell her. "Every single one of them."

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Haha PwnLaw that was an epic post. After wasting most of the day ill ask the question that's on everybodys mind: what is the worst case scenario eta that u guys have been discussing? Something like between 5 and 25 hours would be better than not knowing at all

Puden
Lancer

Postby Puden » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 pm

I just wonder, How come i can enter Valor and can't do anything? Is it really the server or it is just **** everybody off?

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 pm

cjclags wrote:Haha PwnLaw that was an epic post. After wasting most of the day ill ask the question that's on everybodys mind: what is the worst case scenario eta that u guys have been discussing? Something like between 5 and 25 hours would be better than not knowing at all

I don't want to commit my engineers to something, but we think we can cobble together an alternative in the next 24 hours if nothing happens on the Amazon side. If we need to resort to hijacking the Google servers a few miles away, then I've already got my pirate outfit for Haloween available for the task.

Our team is small, but our dedication fierce.

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Brikel wrote:I don't think I've been more honored to be called a royal pain in the ass. I will venture to guess I may not be again. Honored that is as I most definately will be a royal pain.

Amen.

..making this post at least 10 characters...

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Wow. Did you know there are TV shows on this late at night? I thought Valor was all there was. Who knew!?

Minhtri7872
Lancer

Postby Minhtri7872 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Tomorrow will never die

DjMcBrien
Knight

Postby DjMcBrien » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Cj it's been about 10 hours now so there goes your 5 theory ;)

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Puden wrote:I just wonder, How come i can enter Valor and can't do anything? Is it really the server or it is just **** everybody off?

We've often considered the "**** all of our users off" business strategy, but it turns out it has a negative effect on revenue. I was just as surprised as you.

Return to “Event Archive”