Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Indy500
Lancer

Postby Indy500 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:16 am

PwnLaw wrote:Yea, I'm not big on theories either.

A lot depends on how things get resolved with Amazon. Typically the world continues moving forward even in the event of a down time. We have backups that we can revert to, but we've often felt that it was more unfair to roll back actions rather than have a period of inefficiency (full warehouses) and replace missing elements for people who could not access the game. Neither is a particularly attractive option. We definitely do not like unraveling well executed strategies though.

The more likely scenario is an inefficiency period at the moment. But if we cannot get the instance of the game up that we had running on those servers, we'll have to use a backup.
Thanks for the quick response and we appreciate it. The measure of a good company is not how they react when things are good, but how they react when things go wrong. You guys are tops in my book. I know you are doing all you can and keep up the good work. This game is awesome.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:18 am

Jerrykorman wrote:Actually playmesh is legally responsible to their users! A user didn't enter into a contract with Amazon, playmesh did! The way it works in the real world is us players get relief from playmesh who in turns get relief from Amazon, and amazon gets relief form someone else. So listen up Playmesh your players that fund your paychecks and profits , demand compensation for damages from your lack of Performance in Delivering the game consistently!

Exactly what contract have you entered in to, when this is a free game?

Longhaul
Lancer

Postby Longhaul » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:23 am

Damn steam engines

Chomsky
Lancer

Postby Chomsky » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:28 am

I can still get in game but all I can do is watch my resources go to waste and my production boost still counting down.

EnkiEa
Lancer

Postby EnkiEa » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:33 am

@PwnLaw and Orlor, seriously how can you sleep and prepare for trip while the game is offline. I cannot sleep and waiting all day. I know it has been long day for you but it has been long day for us too. I feel so bad that I cannot update my cities before I close my eyes.
This is not just a game or application. I careless if my email goes down, I don't even care if my bank goes down for a day or two but not valor. This is the kind of players (customers) you have. So get some red ball and start the game.

EnkiEa

Deathseeker60
Lancer

Postby Deathseeker60 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:40 am

It says that my Internet connection is bad and that I can't get to valor... I could get into valor for like 5 seconds before my iPod collapsed... WTH

michseeine
Lancer

Postby michseeine » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:41 am

lol poor guy ...

Daft Vader
Lancer

Postby Daft Vader » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:44 am

Lord Firefall. I suspect that the buying of gold sets up a contractual relationship, and that there is an implied term that you can use the gold, and obtain certain advantages in gameplay by doing so.

Having said that I am sure that Playmesh will look at the situation when the outage has been resolved and come to a reasonable decision. Preferably one that doesn't involve each individual claiming separately. It should be fairly simple to set up for example

Free game players 25 Gold
Queue extenders extended for x hours
Build bonus, extended for x hours
And for My guild in w100 each member to receive 1000 gold, and access to w100 60 minutes before the forces who are aligned against us.

Bottreaux
Lancer

Postby Bottreaux » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:46 am

LordFirefall wrote:Exactly what contract have you entered in to, when this is a free game?

Players who have paid for services in-game will have entered into a contract for those services. If playmesh does not deliver these services then compensation is applicable.

earthflames
Lancer

Postby earthflames » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:57 am

Am able to login for about 2min..and do what i need to do...after that get logout..
You mignt want to keep trying to login

Return to “Event Archive”