Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Qwerty
Lancer

Postby Qwerty » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 am

Can someone explain in plain and simple language what the hell actually happened? I am a complete noob when it comes to server technology..
Can't you just restart the servers and bring everything up again? Also, I see on that page that servers are functioning both in NA and EU...
So why can't we enter the game and play?

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:23 am

Daft Vader wrote:Lord Firefall you sad there was no contractual relationship, I think you were mistaken.
We can argue about the terms and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you, unless it seemed amusing to do so
I never mentioned Amazon, you may be confusing me with a more rational poster.

The only suggestion of merit that I made was that my Guild be given an unfair advantage in World 100. A suggestion I think Playmesh should action immediately, I would only add that they should also penalize you and your guild by killing off all your troops prior to reopening the game as a penalty for accusing me of suggesting that we should go after Amazon.

Another user mentioned Amazon, which is why I brought that up. As far as a contractual relationship, yes, I spoke before I was fully alert ;) . Yes, there is a contract. However, there are provisions that indicate PlayMesh isn't responsible for things outside their control. This would be one of those things outside of their control.

That being said, I totally support them refunding us for stuff we bought (like prestige or medics) amd adding time on for queue extender and resource boosts. However, I'm totally against anything that would give your guild an advantage on W10;)

Deathseeker60
Lancer

Postby Deathseeker60 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 am

Basically the server is up but glitches ALOT

Levin
Lancer

Postby Levin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:28 am

Lordfirefall, how did you get that lion of valor?

Filthysnotrag
Knight

Postby Filthysnotrag » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 am

Qwerty wrote:Can someone explain in plain and simple language what the hell actually happened? I am a complete noob when it comes to server technology..
Can't you just restart the servers and bring everything up again? Also, I see on that page that servers are functioning both in NA and EU...

The way I understand it( and I've been wrong before)

PlayMesh uses Amazon as their server to manage the game.
Amazon crashed and is still trying to recover.
PlayMesh is one of MANY Amazon customers, and is probably pretty low on their list of priorities.
We wait. And wait.... And wait.

Levin
Lancer

Postby Levin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 am

Deathseeker60 wrote:Basically the server is up but glitches ALOT

You are able to enter the game?

grolich
Lancer

Postby grolich » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 am

SvenHo wrote:sorry, but there have been player who filled their building queue
i know some of em
maybe that was some hours before but it is still unfair to all the others who were not as lucky

Definitely! NOT doing that gives the players who managed to do so a HUGE unfair advantage. Especially on new worlds like 100 and anywhere players are in the middle of a war!

Then there's the gold issue. People paid with real money to get things that got wasted. Resource boosters, queue extenders... Even resources - because warehouses are filled now.

Once real money enters the picture you are forced to compensate.

The only solution which would be fair to everyone is a rollback.

It may still leave some gold issues but that is a problem you knew you would have the second you added gold and I'm sure you would be able to solve it...

Fairness should be a key consideration in this kind of game for it to be considered high quality, and I hope this is resolved that way!

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 am

Qwerty wrote:Can someone explain in plain and simple language what the hell actually happened? I am a complete noob when it comes to server technology..

The servers themselves didn't crash. It was the connection trying to get into Amazon's facility that was royally messed up. Since it went down with probably 1000s of people connected who knows what havoc that played on the servers trying to comminicate back with those it thought was still connected. Main issue though was no business could access their systems at this Amazon location.

figeloal
Lancer

Postby figeloal » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 am

LordFirefall wrote:Another user mentioned Amazon, which is why I brought that up. As far as a contractual relationship, yes, I spoke before I was fully alert ;) . Yes, there is a contract. However, there are provisions that indicate PlayMesh isn't responsible for things outside their control. This would be one of those things outside of their control.

That being said, I totally support them refunding us for stuff we bought (like prestige or medics) amd adding time on for queue extender and resource boosts. However, I'm totally against anything that would give your guild an advantage on W10;)

I think the only fair thing would be a rollback to the time before servers crashed :)

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 am

Amazon is doing damage control, which is why their status shows green right now. Everything is not green, as evidenced by the fact we can't get in, and other services are still having issues. Amazon has a financial interest to minimize issues and conceal the extent of the problem, as their stock will tank today.

Return to “Event Archive”