Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Kegg
Lancer

Postby Kegg » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:17 am

I was able to build during the outage. Then got disconnected. Also dident know what was going on at the time.
I picked a bad day to start playing the game I guess. I got 6 hrs of play time before it crashed( first time player) I spent some money on the game within my first day. I bought a building que, and some resorce build ups, and applied them. Then the amazon server crashed from what I gathered. Who do I contact about the time wasted on my speed ups?

W101 player "kegg"

dovling
Lancer

Postby dovling » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:18 am

Poppie, I was told by my guildmates not to update. Those updated had to roll back before they could play.

jimmybags
Lancer

Postby jimmybags » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:18 am

For any service to be out this long with no eta or detailed description is embarrassing. Especially if the problem truly is Amazon.

Deedle
Lancer

Postby Deedle » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:20 am

Poppie wrote:I don't know if this has been asked; there is an update for valor. Is it good or bad

Who can say ? It's an update to an app which won't load. It sure looks good from the video previews, but each release has its list of glitches.
Guess we would find out once Amazon gods bless us with their servers

Poppie
Guardian

Postby Poppie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:20 am

dovling wrote:Poppie, I was told by my guildmates not to update. Those updated had to roll back before they could play.

I already rolled back once. This one popped up

dovling
Lancer

Postby dovling » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:22 am

Almost 20 hours and the game is still non-accessable..... you can rebuild a new server with that amount of time. I was defending and attacking before it crashed. My poor scholars ..RIP now because the game crashed before I was able to send clearing. My poor cities....hope they are still there.... :(

Levin
Lancer

Postby Levin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:23 am

I am able to join the world, but unable to do any construction.

dovling
Lancer

Postby dovling » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:26 am

The management of Amazon should all resign, for not being to fix a simple server problem over such a long period. If the problem is serious as they will claim, then they should resign for not able to foresee it.

Usoga2004
Lancer

Angry much

Postby Usoga2004 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 am

Jerrykorman wrote:Actually playmesh is legally responsible to their users! A user didn't enter into a contract with Amazon, playmesh did! The way it works in the real world is us players get relief from playmesh who in turns get relief from Amazon, and amazon gets relief form someone else. So listen up Playmesh your players that fund your paychecks and profits , demand compensation for damages from your lack of Performance in Delivering the game consistently!

Wow honestly, sometimes things happen and we can't change them you come to this forum and rant on and on about compensation and contracts like you know what your talking about. Getting angry at people who have no control over what is happening isn't going to get your armies built or your city hall built any faster so how about you STFU and let time run its course then things will be sorted out. YOU CRY BABY

Moltke
Lancer

Amazon

Postby Moltke » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 am

Interesting that throughout all this Amazon's status showed their servers as "functioning normally" but with an "issue". I guess the servers have to physically melt before they admit that there was an outage.

Return to “Event Archive”