Valor Still Down - Android

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
hysopia
Lancer

Postby hysopia » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:35 pm

One more dissappointment to add to the myriad us Android users have felt. I want to thank you for releasing a substandard product with the bonus map crashes, fewer options and random freezes. Now the improved upgrade allows you enemies to build armies, spend resources we can't and the inability to connect at all. Is IT working on a version that poisons our cats, sickens our children and can start random house fires? That is the only way I see it getting worse.

davejjr
Knight

Postby davejjr » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Im at 115200 a day plus aggrevation. I would say an even 500k gold for 3 days is fair.

sancheezy
Knight

Postby sancheezy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Carinthia wrote:Thank you for working on this. The fact that it will be a few days is disheartening, to say the least. The truce its great, but the amount of lost opportunities can not be measured. As a crown, I am useless to my guild. So my cities can't be attacked, great, but it really still sets us all back. This game is all about time put in. And we are all hurt by this. I feel like most, if I can't play for days, why bother going back? I'm thinking that a refund of money spent building up cities is in order. I will be contacting the support center once I can get back in. if i remember to keep checking forums and google... What a waste of time.

Just as I said earlier, this is about opportunity cost too. This is again, a competitive game. It will not restore the player ranking in any world that I had. I once read (or thought I read) "This game was designed to reward insomniacs and people that are obsessed", I would call myself one of those as well as a paying customer and am now at a severe disadvantage.

The compensation mentioned (granted I know it is just an initial topic at this point) seems so much about absolute losses (cities lost, boosts lost) but everyone knows that time is the most valuable thing. I have paid for prestige to shave off six hours on a round trip scholar returns or for a speed up, all advantages of which are now gone. I also find my time worth something which is another factor in all this. Hours of my life put into this game and have now effectively been destroyed. My time is valuable.

Almost not worth playing some worlds anymore if you are saying it can take days; we all know how much can change.

@andreww - Let us not forget 300 of gold per city (for 3 x 8hr speed ups per day) to get the buildings to where they should be for each day lost. So many intangibles and such a dynamic game.

Carinthia
Knight

google version

Postby Carinthia » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm

This version being released to google... Is it the same horrible disadvantages that Amazon offers?? Is it another sub par version for us Android users? Can you tell us if it fixed any if the current glaring omissions four us. Simulators, ballista target, forward of mail, map issues, rankings, competition buildings, etc etc...

snakeviper
Lancer

Postby snakeviper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:12 pm

I understand its not all playmeshes fault i do thank you for ur updates orlor. I think all of us are appreciative of being in the loop

lordrickard7
Knight

Valor Android Woes

Postby lordrickard7 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Orlor, Once again I will humbly yet firmly recommend that, AT THE VERY LEAST, this should illustrate why there should be, at minimum, a separate forum for Valor Android, with someone dedicated to keeping it updated with progress reports on upcoming updates, bugs, etc.

We don't even get a list of the revisions when the updates come out so that we know if we are any closer to the far more advanced iOs version.

You know my situation with having had my tablet die and it taking 5 days to get my account transferred by support to a new device. I will say that once Chris in support got a hold of it, I had all the help and communication anyone could ever wish for from a support rep, including working on the weekends.

Unfortunately my "repaired" under warranty tablet died again Friday night the same day I received it back as they somehow did something where the battery wouldn't charge. After I had returned the cheap one I picked up temporarily and had my account transferred back to it. So I went and bought a Google Nexus saturday and put a request in for account transfer. Was hoping that would happen today but Chris informed me of the current situation in an email earlier today. So I now will have lost potentially seven to ten days , yes some due to the fact that my tablet broke, but also due to the fact that transfers for Android have to be done by support and the server devs. I appreciated the gold compensation but have to agree with others on here about the true cost of such lost time, in which case the amount I was compensated was less than half a drop in the bucket. In my main world, I went from a heated battle for number 1 to number 9 in the span of 5 days.

Since there is no intention of making separate Android worlds until a an equal version to the iOs comes out, a server rollback is an excellent idea to keep all on at least a progression leveled playing field, if not a functional one.

We will be waiting with baited breath. Btw, too late now probably, but wouldn't it have made sense if you can go in and permatruce each android player that you could also give an amount of gold and bump warehouses up at the same time? Thus saving us and yourselves further inconvenience and time to process support tickets? Unfortunately, if the idea is that you won't give as much gold away this way, I would caution that those who don't bother going through the trouble of opening a support ticket will probably just stop playing. 95% of people who have a service complaint never complain, they just go away...

sancheezy
Knight

Postby sancheezy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:35 pm

I would also personally like if you removed the sticky at the top of the General form that says "Server Maintenance Complete" . Maybe you can replace it with a sticky saying "Android is Down" and update there (as this seems to be a bigger and bigger issue). Or possibly Server Maintenance (Failure)…

Sorry a little caddy I know but my frustration is growing and seeing that when I log in doesn’t help.

psymbiosis
Lancer

Postby psymbiosis » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Dont fool yourself, sancheezy, the sticky at the top of the forum is for thier "real" customers : Apple users. Those users who get a quality product and timely support.

sancheezy wrote:I would also personally like if you removed the sticky at the top of the General form that says "Server Maintenance Complete" . Maybe you can replace it with a sticky saying "Android is Down" and update there (as this seems to be a bigger and bigger issue). Or possibly Server Maintenance (Failure)…

Sorry a little caddy I know but my frustration is growing and seeing that when I log in doesn’t help.

Dimas187
Lancer

Postby Dimas187 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:56 pm

We're beta userd and didn't even know it

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:02 pm

sancheezy wrote:I would also personally like if you removed the sticky at the top of the General form that says "Server Maintenance Complete" . Maybe you can replace it with a sticky saying "Android is Down" and update there (as this seems to be a bigger and bigger issue). Or possibly Server Maintenance (Failure)…

Moved that sticky and made this a sticky.

Return to “Event Archive”