Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Jodamann

Aurora

Postby Jodamann » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:36 pm

She was right. The worm is coming and destroying every world. Its name: Amazon web service.

If there is a lesson here - it is realible and quality web hosting is a key technology to quality game experience for games such as valor where real-time game experience is a key feature.

Joe25
Lancer

Postby Joe25 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Valor is down and it really sucks, can't believe all day long. We need some extra resources for this for time lost on building.

fodice
Lancer

Postby fodice » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Amazon update:
6:33 PM PDT We are seeing elevated errors rates on APIs related to describing and associating EIP addresses. We are working to resolve these errors. In addition, ELB is experiencing elevated latencies recovering affected load balancers and making changes to existing load balancers. These delays are a result of the EIP related API errors and will improve when that issue is resolved.
7:36 PM PDT EIP related API calls are fully recovered. This has allowed ELB to continue to recover affected ELBs and we expect ELB to recover more quickly now.

Dels
Lancer

Postby Dels » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Right, we may have all given our D&D sets away but I still have the game 'Risk' around here somewhere. Who's up for it?

Minhtri7872
Lancer

Postby Minhtri7872 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:38 pm

What if all data was erased completely and no back up! It becomes peace for everyone or chaos? *?*

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Brikel wrote:Sooooo...do you monitor when the least are on and then call all PlayMeshiers together for maneuvers? Of course I mean that in the most innocent way. Don't wipe me out turning my hovel into the dust of your path.

No use of admin tools for an advantage is a rule. I'm crushing clowns with no gold and nothing but the will to win.

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Joe25 wrote:Valor is down and it really sucks, can't believe all day long. We need some extra resources for this for time lost on building.

Bill gates must be behind this.

Rhagrok
Lancer

Postby Rhagrok » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:41 pm

I just hope there'll be some kind of protection put in place for 1st 24 hours or more as support try's to correct all the lost cities and troops Amazon has created. Also hope Amazon plans to add support from its staff to help PlayMesh fix the cluster!!!! they've given PlayMesh. I know Amazon would never have gone down like this and can't understand how they could allow it to happen to their customers. PlayMesh has spent untold amount of money for servers and bandwidth and should have been on a farm that was more then double redundancy. Amazon really screwed up again big time.

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Rhagrok wrote:I just hope there'll be some kind of protection put in place for 1st 24 hours or more as support try's to correct all the lost cities and troops Amazon has created. Also hope Amazon plans to add support from its staff to help PlayMesh fix the cluster!!!! they've given PlayMesh. I know Amazon would never have gone down like this and can't understand how they could allow it to happen to their customers. PlayMesh has spent untold amount of money for servers and bandwidth and should have been on a farm that was more then double redundancy. Amazon really screwed up again big time.

Most of what u said didn't make any sense and what did make sense appeared to be completely unintelligible speculation. I cried a little trying to make sense of it all.. :(

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Rhagrok wrote:I just hope there'll be some kind of protection put in place for 1st 24 hours or more as support try's to correct all the lost cities and troops Amazon has created. Also hope Amazon plans to add support from its staff to help PlayMesh fix the cluster!!!! they've given PlayMesh. I know Amazon would never have gone down like this and can't understand how they could allow it to happen to their customers. PlayMesh has spent untold amount of money for servers and bandwidth and should have been on a farm that was more then double redundancy. Amazon really screwed up again big time.

You've hit the nail on the head! Amazon has its own alliance and were losing so they blocked our connection so they could catch up! The cads!!!

Return to “Event Archive”