Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Brikel wrote:You've hit the nail on the head! Amazon has its own alliance and were losing so they blocked our connection so they could catch up! The cads!!!

U paranoid conspiracy theorist, it was totally bill gates.

Filthysnotrag
Knight

Postby Filthysnotrag » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Rhagrok wrote:I just hope there'll be some kind of protection put in place for 1st 24 hours or more as support try's to correct all the lost cities and troops Amazon has created. Also hope Amazon plans to add support from its staff to help PlayMesh fix the cluster!!!! they've given PlayMesh. I know Amazon would never have gone down like this and can't understand how they could allow it to happen to their customers. PlayMesh has spent untold amount of money for servers and bandwidth and should have been on a farm that was more then double redundancy. Amazon really screwed up again big time.
PlayMesh is only one of MANY Amazon customers, so expect no extra help from them. I just feel sorry for the PM admin. They are going to be BUSY cleaning up this mess, and S.O.L. as far as help is concerned. All that and a world to conquer, too.

Filthysnotrag
Knight

Postby Filthysnotrag » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:57 pm

cjclags wrote:U paranoid conspiracy theorist, it was totally bill gates.
You're ALL right. Amazon is led by Bill Gate's (also) evil twin, Ted. And the adventure continues...

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:57 pm

I'll be honest: this has been a pretty miserable day for me, but this thread has really made me feel a lot better. Sparkles, Orlor and I had been planning the shenanigans for W100 for a long time and to have this happen was pretty devastating. This thread has given me a lot of laughs and reminded me how much I like the Valorian community and how dedicated everyone is to this game (way of life?!).

Our engineers are working around the clock tonight to see if we can come up an alternative in the near future in case Amazon continues to experience problems. It's safe to say we're going to be redoubling our analysis on the redundancy issue (which was already in progress after the thunderstorm that knocked out Amazon last time).

I understand people are upset. I'm a hardcore player of Valor and I spent an enormous amount of time preparing my W100 strategy. I'm not alone -- everyone at PlayMesh is upset. We make this game because we're gamers, and we wanted to have something that other hardcore gamers would enjoy. And we ended up with you. You guys and gals may be a royal pain in the ass, but we love you. Mostly because we are you.

I'm going to eat this bag of pita chips now.

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Filthysnotrag wrote:You're ALL right. Amazon is led by Bill Gate's (also) evil twin, Ted. And the adventure continues...

So in controlling Amazon, Bill Gates was losing at Valor so decided to block the others from accessing the system but took down Amazon East thus forcing a reboot of the Internet?

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:01 pm

I don't think I've been more honored to be called a royal pain in the ass. I will venture to guess I may not be again. Honored that is as I most definately will be a royal pain.

Filthysnotrag
Knight

Postby Filthysnotrag » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:01 pm

PwnLaw wrote:
I'm going to eat this bag of pita chips now.

Carbs with no CAFFEINE? BLASPHEMOUS!!!

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Brikel wrote:So in controlling Amazon, Bill Gates was losing at Valor so decided to block the others from accessing the system but took down Amazon East thus forcing a reboot of the Internet?

You forgot to work zombies and espresso into the conspiracy

MemphisRedneck
Lancer

Postby MemphisRedneck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Pwnlaw this is for you.

Have you heard anything about a time frame by any chance? A lot of people in the guild I'm in are asking about it.

Filthysnotrag
Knight

Postby Filthysnotrag » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:05 pm

TheGhost wrote:You forgot to work zombies and espresso into the conspiracy
and McDonalds, Starbucks, and Honey Buns.

Return to “Event Archive”