Discussion for 2.0 Valor Changes

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
vlekje513
Lancer

Postby vlekje513 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Why arent you guys making time to wait while the battle is going; and you can see the war. With annimations 

vlekje513
Lancer

Postby vlekje513 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Maybe idea for wheel of fortune; each level of your warehouse get ( example 250 ) of the recourse so it will be for guys that got warehouse level 30 it wont get like 3% but more like 5-10%

Wyzen
Lancer

Postby Wyzen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:40 pm

The one thing that I want more than all else, is a way to see all my troops at all my cities on one screen. Will there be a way to do this with the update? Or is there a way already and im just an idiot? I would love to not have to make my own spreadsheets that need to be updated daily anymore...its kinda getting annoying the bigger i get and more attacks I am involved in.

Kryfton
Lancer

Postby Kryfton » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Will there be an andriod update as well? please..please...

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:49 pm

vlekje513 wrote:Why arent you guys making time to wait while the battle is going; and you can see the war. With annimations 

I like this idea. We'll put it under consideration. Initial concern is with the space animations take up and potential additional pings to the server that might result in slowing the game down. But if we could find the right way to implement it...it could be epic. :D

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:50 pm

vlekje513 wrote:Maybe idea for wheel of fortune; each level of your warehouse get ( example 250 ) of the recourse so it will be for guys that got warehouse level 30 it wont get like 3% but more like 5-10%

Yea, the problem with Wheel is that it doesn't scale particularly well into the late game. There are a few ways we can combat that, and this is one of them. We've often deprioritized Wheel in favor of features that move the core of the game forward though.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Wyzen wrote:The one thing that I want more than all else, is a way to see all my troops at all my cities on one screen. Will there be a way to do this with the update? Or is there a way already and im just an idiot? I would love to not have to make my own spreadsheets that need to be updated daily anymore...its kinda getting annoying the bigger i get and more attacks I am involved in.

This comment literally got me to wheel over and lobby for it to get higher prioritization. No promises, but I'll definitely take a look. If you have thoughts or ideas, I'm all ears (definitely start another thread so we don't clutter things up here.)

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Kryfton wrote:Will there be an andriod update as well? please..please...

Our goal is to keep Android at parity for the foreseeable future. They may occasionally be lags because we're still building up our engineering team there, but we definitely want to see what Android is capable of.

We're also toying with the idea of having different visuals with Android v. Amazon v. iPhone users. Just so people can see what people are playing on. Any interest?

Alyawna
Lancer

I thought..

Postby Alyawna » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Oncecrazy wrote:It would be better to change it all worlds. Hopefully all the chaos lovers stay in there worlds. Never needed it in world 2. Everything looks really cool. How will you end a world in just really curious. Will competions and changes come to w2?

Oncecrazy, I thought you and I had discussed and come to terms that there IS a time and a place for chaos for some of us. Yes, some abuse it, but guess what, there are always going to be those that abuse/cheat in ANY game. Face it, what you consider a cheat, others do not, and what I consider a cheat, you may not. That's life. Don't judge anybody for their opinions or for making real life first - you may find you do not understand things nearly as well as you think you do.

That being said - PlayMesh, I think you made the right choice in keeping chaos around at least for the worlds that exist. As I said in the other thread, I would not be around if it were not for chaos early on, and now use it sparingly (only in situations when I see an attack and cannot support because I have real life obligations that I cannot ignore (i.e. Work)) because I have the man power to take care of things. When you decide on how to end worlds (which I also agree is needed), I'm not sure I will be able to stick around because of the removal of chaos and the way things work for me, personally, but I give you credit for at least listening to those of us who rely on chaos in instances where we simply cannot have our phone next to us currently. I can't say I have faith that your removal of chaos will not backfire eventually - as others stated niche games do not always do well - but I do hope the game becomes what you want it to become.

Kryfton
Lancer

Postby Kryfton » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:59 pm

PwnLaw, thanks for the response. Is there any timeline on getting the original release fixed? There are so many bugs and missing capabilities that it's very frustrating to play and compete with iOS users.

As far as different visuals...I think that could be interesting as long as the general layout stayed the same across versions. When playing with new peeps it's common for lots of questions and it would be hard to provide directions across the different platforms with completely different interfaces/layout design.

Where I stand right now, it would just be refreshing to get the original version to not force close 50 times a day (and that is not an exaggeration). Also would be nice to have same options as iOS version....simulation, revoke from forge, a usable forum, delete msgs, more settings then 2, help section, etc..etc..

Return to “Event Archive”