Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Dameann27474
Lancer

Postby Dameann27474 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Yes totally

Filthysnotrag
Knight

Postby Filthysnotrag » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:26 pm

MemphisRedneck wrote:Ya well I've been patient for the past 9-10 hours wondering so I had to ask. Now that I got an answer is all I wanted . Thanks pwnlaw I know it's crazy there but thanks for taking the time and answering,
All I meant was there's probably no real way to know how long, so it's kinda pointless to ask. Something like pondering how many angels can fit on the head of a pin- when you're not even given the SIZE of said pin.

goldenjet50
Lancer

Postby goldenjet50 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 pm

There have been comments and speculation on who has lost/or is going to lose what? I haven't read anything that indicates what state Valor will be in when it is restored. That would be nice to know. The best case would be to restore it to the state it existed in at the point of the failure, but that might not be possible. An alternative might be to restore it to some previous point in time, but again, I suspect that Amazon will have higher priorities for that type of activity than to restore an on-line game database. So .... no matter how you look at it, I think we can expect there to be some pain and inequality when it comes back. And ..... after-all, it IS just a game!!!!

Kudos to both Amazon and PlayMesh for at least not trying to hide from the problem with a bunch of spin. Perhaps they learned from Intel or Walkerton, Ontario several years ago. Best to come clean as quickly and fully as possible. (RIM, take a memo).

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Brikel wrote:I don't work with PlayMesh nor do I know their agreement with Amazon, but, I work in IT and our systems at work are hosted. I can tell you that in outages, the hosting company has priorities in which they bring their customers back online. A provider as large as Amazon will have many loadbalancers to handle all of their customers. They will get the largest of their customers back first and going on working loadbalancers with the lower priority companies last. No offense to PlayMesh and all of us playing, but, this is a game. I am sure Amazon is being hit with the larger businesses and penalties which will be enforced by those companies because of real world impacting issues.

Quite the logical approach. Ill be honest though i only half read that as i was busy deliberating the words revamp and soul wrecking. 4 worlds opening in a week was sweet, but a revamped world of gamely is a lot to look forward to

anvicom
Lancer

Postby anvicom » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:32 pm

If valor can restore system back in 2 days ago should be good :)

Amtler
Lancer

Postby Amtler » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:33 pm

I know PwnLaw told me earlier that no one can access the game - but I keep seeing posts where people were able to get in for a bit and restart building cues and spend the resources built up in their warehouses. If that is true then the integrity of the game is screwed

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:34 pm

anvicom wrote:If valor can restore system back in 2 days ago should be good :)

Who cares what they do..soon as its back itll take each of us ess than a day of burning away all of our free time to forget this ever happened. Foresight ;)

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Golden, the error posted earlier is not related to the server that is running the game at all or any other computers. It is the computers that control the traffic in getting into Amazon. I am confident nothi g is lost, we just can't get to the servers. In fact, any Amazon employee that p,as the game could keep playing if they were in that building as they would not have to go through those same systems to get into their systems from "the world".

Filthysnotrag
Knight

Postby Filthysnotrag » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:37 pm

cjclags wrote:Who cares what they do..soon as its back itll take each of us ess than a day of burning away all of our free time to forget this ever happened. Foresight ;)
WHAT free time? I'm too busy posting in forums!

Puden
Lancer

Postby Puden » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:37 pm

So still no news from amazon? Can you guys text me on my cell if valor back online?
Have a great days everybody. Valor, buy us some drink so we wait much longer LOL

Return to “Event Archive”