Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Kegg wrote:Here is the status of all servers( Amazon) http://status.aws.amazon.com/

Unless we're the last ones to get up and running, it just dosent make since.

Once Amazon gets back up the server devs still have to work their magic to get the worlds back up and running correctly.

Smog
Knight

Postby Smog » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:49 pm

I just want to know if that's even on their agenda to even think about it

Kabal
Lancer

Postby Kabal » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Chaumer wrote:This may have been covered already but this thread has gotten so big I don't really want to read the whole thing. Are we going to be reimbursed for any items that we purchased with gold. I am not looking for a huge payout just at least a couple days added back to my queue extender that I have lost now.

ermmmm... no

Smog
Knight

Postby Smog » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:50 pm

What about queue extenders and resource boosters?

Kegg
Lancer

Postby Kegg » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:50 pm

Ok thanks orlo

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Smog wrote:What about queue extenders and resource boosters?

If you lost time on a premium item due to this outage please be sure to contact our support team once the worlds are back up.

Details to contact them can be found in my signature.

Naita
Knight

Postby Naita » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 pm

smog... this happened about 6 months ago.. i think. We got gold as compensation. Though, that time it was Valors fault and not Amazon. Guess we shall find out eventually.

Smog
Knight

Postby Smog » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Thank you Orlor

XTMalDoran
Knight

Win - Win

Postby XTMalDoran » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 pm

I've been playing valor since w2, back in the day we'd all get a compensation of gold when the server went down, whether you used gold or not, it's fake money. There's zero "loss" for playmesh to continue to do this, no matter who's to blame for the outage. It is easy for the non gold users to poke fun at the gold users for being lame, and relying on gold to be able to compete in your world of awesomeness, but the non goldies easily forget, it's the gold users who provide the cheese to keep playmesh maintaining this awesome game for ALL of us to enjoy. They certainly don't do it for the love of the game. So h e l l yeah, goldies need to be compensated, above and beyond. It's good business. What's an extension on every active purchasable item really going to cost playmesh? Or even to even up on those who lost troops or cities due to the outage make everything in the store a one time trial to be used at your leisure - for those who don't use gold get to try the speed ups an will possibly goad them into spending gold in the future, those who already spend gold will feel compensated and will continue to spend their real money on fake money. Those who are hard line no gold won't change their mind but may feel better about losing 7 cities worth of troops if they can boost their resource production in all their cities for a week for free. It's a win - win.

Smog
Knight

Postby Smog » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 pm

This will be a big help, I was just kinda grumpy, going into Valor withdrawals and everything

Return to “Event Archive”