Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:34 am

Levin wrote:Lordfirefall, how did you get that lion of valor?

http://forum.playmesh.com/showthread.php?5872-Lions-of-valor&highlight=Lion

Davemac20
Lancer

Postby Davemac20 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 am

Can't see a rollback happening. To much work. Easier to do as has been done before. Everyone will get 50 gold and carry on.

Qwerty
Lancer

Postby Qwerty » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:37 am

LordFirefall wrote:Another user mentioned Amazon, which is why I brought that up. As far as a contractual relationship, yes, I spoke before I was fully alert ;) . Yes, there is a contract. However, there are provisions that indicate PlayMesh isn't responsible for things outside their control. This would be one of those things outside of their control.

Yes, maybe not responsible for things outside their control but if someone paid real money for a service, in this case 7 day resource booster,queue extender etc. then playmesh needs to give you that service or refund you... They can't just say "we weren't responsible for servers going down, bad luck for you that bought time limited service"

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 am

Mean Guy wrote:Those bastards at Amazon forced me to watch the debates!

Now this guy should be reimbursed.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:42 am

Qwerty wrote:Yes, maybe not responsible for things outside their control but if someone paid real money for a service, in this case 7 day resource booster,queue extender etc. then playmesh needs to give you that service or refund you... They can't just say "we weren't responsible for servers going down, bad luck for you that bought time limited service"

Just to play devil's advocate further on this, according to their user agreement, they could. That being said, it would be a bad business decision, and I doubt they would.

Law
Knight

Postby Law » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:46 am

Yes. They do not HAVE to refund/compensate for a thing. Anything but across the board tracing for gold purchases or what were current times left for purchases would leave many quite upset. The time left for each purchase may actually be the easiest to add back.

Daft Vader
Lancer

Postby Daft Vader » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:48 am

Lord Firefall,

You should have agreed with the suggestion, and asked to join the guild, that way we both would have ended up as winners, and together we could have destroyed the devil spawn Playmesh guild.

We could have used the tag line " may the curse of Amazon be upon all those who oppose us"

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:55 am

Sorry - passed on W100. I've got an account there for observation only ;)

Deathseeker60
Lancer

Postby Deathseeker60 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:58 am

I was for about 5 seconds before my iPod shut down

Virgilia
Lancer

Postby Virgilia » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:03 am

With this worst Valor downtime Playmesh should compensate all the losses of the players such as extenders, gold coins bought, resources overflowing ...how come others can get in for awhile and do buildups in my case NADA!!!!! Playmesh should see to it that once Valor has come back be ready to deal and handle different issues, you are going to face a lot of issues here not only on those wasted gold coin and extenders but on different scenarios such as wasted scholars sent , cities defending to be capped, etc...I hope you could fix the problem the soonest. Thank you and good luck!

Return to “Event Archive”