Valor U: Guild management tip contest

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Jake1989
Lancer

Postby Jake1989 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:19 am

It seems like the best way to conduct any business is through the guild itself. The games already been optimized to make sending troops very simple with the coordinate grid, and expecting players to accept responsibility outside of the game itself can become uncoordinated and tedious with low parti****tion rates. My opinion is that keeping people informed and active within the guild, and proving your a capable leader by following up with support when needed is the best way to keep faith. It'll be interesting to see two behemoth rival guilds clash. And it's that possiblity that makes constant recruitment a necessity.

DictatorDanny
Lancer

Postby DictatorDanny » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:03 pm

The most INPORTANT thing to any guild is having a full guild of Active Members. For this reason it is crucial to have frequent Activity Checks in the guild forum. Whoever doesn't check in gets a Private Message, and if they don't reply to that they get the boot. Of course if a player will be gone for an extended period of time they just need to let the leaders know, but any sleepers in the guild get kicked. A full guild of active players will do well in war and will be a force to be reckoned with. A guild with inactive players, or players that do their own thing and never parti****te in guild affairs, brings down the guild. Therefore, making sure ALL players are active will result in a super guild that can dominate in war. It makes the guild much more enjoyable too.

Tim
Knight

Postby Tim » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:36 am

Today is the last day to post for this Valor U contest, so get your post in before it's too late!

Tim
Knight

Postby Tim » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:38 am

Hey all: here are the winners!

SirSweetness
Trekkka
LordBrevik
boomhaur
Rotcod5627
BedLamPing
Daslord
Jake1989
DictatorDanny

PM me if your Valor name is different than your forum name to receive your reward! Expect an even bigger pot and prizes in the next week!

MaxTay
Lancer

Postby MaxTay » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Thank you for this thread. It's amazing :)

Achraff
Lancer

How to promote a guildstrategy

Postby Achraff » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:59 pm

How to make sûre à guild CAN bring à win win strategy

LordJAG
Knight

Postby LordJAG » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:22 pm

yeah im in the army. look up FM 3-0

micah444
Lancer

Postby micah444 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:24 pm

I set a weekly point goal for all users to reach by a certain day, and if they are unable to do so, the rest of the guild helps them out with resources etc. Another less friendly way of this is by kicking each player from the guild if they are unable to make the goal. This creats room for stronger, active players.

Electro804
Lancer

Postby Electro804 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:54 am

Make an easier way for people to join guilds, and expand on current guild communities by making attacking and defending more fun.

Pinsonmp
Lancer

Postby Pinsonmp » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 am

I've set up my guild sort of like a military unit. I've appointed 4 sgts and 4 cpls who will be in charge of 3 other members each, me and 4 others head up the administrative portion of the guild as far as Incoming and outgoing attacks and diplomacy. Having these different squads is a great deal less stress on the official leader of the guild, also giving newer member a more one on one way to find better ways to play the game. Each squad leader are captains so that they can maintain their own squad forum where the squad members go through Role Call every few days and get to know each other. Squads should have members and leaders close to each other so that they can support each other easier also.

Return to “Event Archive”