Valor U: Guild management tip contest

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Gwynbleidd
Lancer

Postby Gwynbleidd » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:18 am

he, i just registered here. ive been playing valor for a month so im a noob compared to most of ull here. i noticed the new guild chat upgrade is close to being put into play. i just have a few suggestions that are very basic, but my opinion is, the smallest changes make the biggest differences. ive noticed that people use social networking apps like kakao to keep in touch and convey messeges quicker. each guild generally has a series of chat groups for each world:
1)guild chat room
2) global coalition chat room for tht world only.
3)A chaos chatroom (debatable topic)
4)warlord/crown chat room

and even though ull are implementing a guild chat, which is brilliant for within the guild discussions, perhaps creating a social networking app or tying up with one of the better networking apps to provide an exclusive valor chat room which supports groups, uploading/ sending pics and allotting hierarchies in the chat rooms as well so as to keep the feeling of the game intact. allowing one person (becomes the administrator) to create a main chat group under the guild name, under that, the sub-admins or generals or whatever u want to call them can create sub groups whenever necessary. and access to these chat groups is only gained thru invite and they are not visible to anyone who isnt invited. except maybe the developers. and on one of the earlier threads i read about the map and perhaps creating a new app for the maps alone. perhaps a database of maps cud be setup and the chatroom could include a map tab which will display a map of one world that is set by the guild admin and this can be retrieved from the database. also, perhaps allowing for backgrounds and prof pics in the chatroom would be nice. jus make it more friendly. allowing the guild admin to change the specifics of the chat rooms thru customized graffics or whatever else mite be goo as well. that is the section on chat. i would suggest checking out kakao for the way its setup, but u will need something tht can take on a larger number, and u can promote this thru the game via aurora ;) ...who wudnt want to click on the link lol. plus the chat room can be used to send and recieve mails as well, so ull sort of make it mandatory and u can knock off the ingame mail. i think if u allow common id's u can allow for syncing contacts from valor to "valor Chat" :p it shud sync guild memebers. it may make things a lil more complicated but distributes the strain put o the game app.

also, maybe this will help curb chaos in one way. cripple the ability to attack guild members and allies. once sumone becomes a guild member or an ally, the "attack" button should be obsolete. reduce the attack limit to avoid lagg.
reducing the waiting time for sending resources might me a good idea. waiting 2 weeks in each world is a bit much. but i guess it keeps players from leaving too soon to an extent.but still, maybe decreasing it to one week would really make a diff.
and finally, maybe providing opportunities to win coins in the game or thru the proposed messaging app. it mite boost ratings.

Gwynbleidd
Lancer

Postby Gwynbleidd » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:20 am

he, i just registered here. ive been playing valor for a month so im a noob compared to most of ull here. i noticed the new guild chat upgrade is close to being put into play. i just have a few suggestions that are very basic, but my opinion is, the smallest changes make the biggest differences. ive noticed that people use social networking apps like kakao to keep in touch and convey messeges quicker. each guild generally has a series of chat groups for each world:
1)guild chat room
2) global coalition chat room for tht world only.
3)A chaos chatroom (debatable topic)
4)warlord/crown chat room

and even though ull are implementing a guild chat, which is brilliant for within the guild discussions, perhaps creating a social networking app or tying up with one of the better networking apps to provide an exclusive valor chat room which supports groups, uploading/ sending pics and allotting hierarchies in the chat rooms as well so as to keep the feeling of the game intact. allowing one person (becomes the administrator) to create a main chat group under the guild name, under that, the sub-admins or generals or whatever u want to call them can create sub groups whenever necessary. and access to these chat groups is only gained thru invite and they are not visible to anyone who isnt invited. except maybe the developers. and on one of the earlier threads i read about the map and perhaps creating a new app for the maps alone. perhaps a database of maps cud be setup and the chatroom could include a map tab which will display a map of one world that is set by the guild admin and this can be retrieved from the database. also, perhaps allowing for backgrounds and prof pics in the chatroom would be nice. jus make it more friendly. allowing the guild admin to change the specifics of the chat rooms thru customized graffics or whatever else mite be goo as well. that is the section on chat. i would suggest checking out kakao for the way its setup, but u will need something tht can take on a larger number, and u can promote this thru the game via aurora ;) ...who wudnt want to click on the link lol. plus the chat room can be used to send and recieve mails as well, so ull sort of make it mandatory and u can knock off the ingame mail. i think if u allow common id's u can allow for syncing contacts from valor to "valor Chat" :p it shud sync guild memebers. it may make things a lil more complicated but distributes the strain put o the game app.

also, maybe this will help curb chaos in one way. cripple the ability to attack guild members and allies. once sumone becomes a guild member or an ally, the "attack" button should be obsolete. reduce the attack limit to avoid lagg.
reducing the waiting time for sending resources might me a good idea. waiting 2 weeks in each world is a bit much. but i guess it keeps players from leaving too soon to an extent.but still, maybe decreasing it to one week would really make a diff.

Gwynbleidd
Lancer

Postby Gwynbleidd » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 am

i have a few more minor suggestins abt the chat to make, but i dont want to go on and on lmao.

Gwynbleidd
Lancer

Postby Gwynbleidd » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:01 am

U guys are awesome I cud kiss ull. Thank you soo much. Guild chat isonline😱👍

GunDoc
Lancer

Postby GunDoc » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Buy all of your members gold and keep them suckling on your teet.

C46R1
Lancer

Postby C46R1 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:42 am

😱 50 golds?!

in my guild.. Im the only member.. I just talk to myself 😭😂 alone forever.. Right?

World 67 co ordinates are 18,324
Name is "C46R1"

If you have a better guild, invite me 😝

Peace! ✌

W venable
Lancer

Postby W venable » Fri May 11, 2012 9:33 pm

First of all make sure all members know that they will be promoted by how active they are how helpful they are and how experienced/efficient they are. (these people will normally have the highest points anyway). Have them msg you stuff their doing in their city to help you decide who should be promoted. You can also have a person in your guild have the job of who figuring out who should be promoted so you don't have to do it. It is extremely important guild members feel they can ask you questions. You should msg each new member of your guild welcoming them. Make sure your forum has every thread it needs. (trade, war, invites, tips, questions, diplomacy, etc) you should also make a war counsel of all your most experienced players. During a war time make a thread where everyone posts what troops they have so you can best decide what to do. P.S. ony attack an enemy guild if you know you can win!!!

Losi820
Lancer

A good guild

Postby Losi820 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:26 pm

There are some great ideas out there to build a good guild so I'll post them here for you guys!
1.) Leaders: leaders Try to be friendly and sugustive! Players will be nice to you and will be very loyal and trustable. leaders should never threaten there players
2.) forums.) have a Genaral room, war, important, and a check to see who's reading the forums. Have a sugustion forum. And tell your players to tripwire or get Kakao talk.
3.) Kakao talk: it's free it just askes for your cell phone number to vertify yourself. You can have alerts on them. Also you can host meetings and stuff.
4.)battle planer) it's just a app that you can use to plan battles and It can alert you with incoming troops so if your of you'll know your getting attacked!
Note: Battle planer is 99 cents but it is well worth it. It toataly completes valor!!!

PROSGEE
Lancer

Postby PROSGEE » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:14 am

Emoji & the other emoticons doesn't work anymore. I used to use this to name cities or spice up the forums. Now it just shows a blank box. Hope PLAYMESH fixes this problem with the new update.

RyanK
Lancer

Emoji come back!

Postby RyanK » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:12 am

PROSGEE wrote:Emoji & the other emoticons doesn't work anymore. I used to use this to name cities or spice up the forums. Now it just shows a blank box. Hope PLAYMESH fixes this problem with the new update.

Yes, Playmesh...are you listening?

Return to “Event Archive”