(July 1st) Current Speed World Schedule

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Greenthorne
Knight

(July 1st) Current Speed World Schedule

Postby Greenthorne » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:14 pm

We are now releasing 4 new Speed Worlds per week based on your feedback. Their release times are as follows:

Wednesday
20:00 VT (1:00pm PDT)

Friday
17:00 VT (10:00am PDT)

Saturday

Sunday
Useful Links:
Have a question? Submit a ticket here!
Valor on Facebook
Valor on Twitter
Official Valor Website

Nachos2
Knight

Postby Nachos2 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:59 am

Greenthorn, why do you guys keep bastardizing the Speed World schedule? You keep making it worse and worse, and you keep taking more of the speed worlds away. The one speed world every 3 hours was perfect. Then you guys took them away to only 1 per day. Then you took them to only weekends with 5 per week. Now you've taken them away even more. Why? The Valor community has been extremely vocal about how much they enjoy playing speed worlds and that they want as many available as possible. Why aren't you guys listening? You just keep making things worse. Speed worlds throughout the week is a step back in the right direction, but 3-4 total per week is ridiculous. Give us our speed worlds back.

Sponge
Knight

Postby Sponge » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:45 am

I agree with Nachos. I don't even play speed worlds anymore because of the new schedules. Fewer speed worlds were opened because not enough people were playing to fill up speed worlds but most players don't mind playing in speed worlds that aren't full. Opening fewer speed worlds probably isn't the best solution to lack of particapation anyway. Would be better to encourage more people to play speed worlds, maybe by making tickets cheaper or giving players more free tickets.
Spongebob84888, DRS Crown

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:24 am

Sponge wrote:I agree with Nachos. I don't even play speed worlds anymore because of the new schedules. Fewer speed worlds were opened because not enough people were playing to fill up speed worlds but most players don't mind playing in speed worlds that aren't full. Opening fewer speed worlds probably isn't the best solution to lack of particapation anyway. Would be better to encourage more people to play speed worlds, maybe by making tickets cheaper or giving players more free tickets.

I doubt that will fix it. From what I've seen, the single biggest thing that killed speed worlds was people using 2-3 extra accounts.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:39 am

Yep that ruined a lot of players chances to win and was a big issue. Although I do find that fewer speeds is annoying also. I know that when it was every 3 hrs then people didnt hafta worry abt missing this one window to play. You could just hop into the next one

Sponge
Knight

Postby Sponge » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:39 am

LordFirefall wrote:I doubt that will fix it. From what I've seen, the single biggest thing that killed speed worlds was people using 2-3 extra accounts.

Your probably right. Lack of players was never that big a problem anyway, there were still about a dozen players in most worlds which was enough. Multiple accounts are the main problem like you said and fewer worlds just makes it worse because now its impossible to avoid playing against players that use them.

Ryski
Lancer

Postby Ryski » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:03 am

LordFirefall wrote:I doubt that will fix it. From what I've seen, the single biggest thing that killed speed worlds was people using 2-3 extra accounts.

Yes, this is why I stopped playing speed worlds. With fewer speed worlds this should be much easier for Quark to monitor/address.

Multiple account users are pretty easy to identify - 2 LCs early in the world with no KSA. Issue a warning for first offense. Forfieture of winnings, temporary ban, and a Multiple Account User medal for second offense. Permanent ban for third offense.

Run 2 speed worlds a day and I'm sure participation will go back up.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:10 am

Ryski - if Quark started doing what you suggest, I believe participation in speed worlds would increase dramatically.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader

Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Sponge
Knight

Postby Sponge » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:20 am

It's the multiple accounts that made most people quit speed worlds. I really do hope quark start banning alt account players. With increased participation hopefully we could return to speed worlds running every three hours as well.

Sponge
Knight

Postby Sponge » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:40 am

Why did the speed world at 17:00vt today not open?

Return to “Event Archive”