Ideas -- A Thought From A PlayMesher

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
PwnLaw

Ideas -- A Thought From A PlayMesher

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Hey Folks --

The following is a bunch of words to say a very simple thing: We value your input. A lot.

I want to say something that we probably should have said before: all of your ideas on this forum are reviewed and considered. We have an enormous list that keeps track of the forum threads, who is saying what and how important each is considered by the community. In a number of instances, things that have been said on this forum have directly impacted our internal prioritization.

We take quotes from these forums and we put them up in company wide presentations to underscore important points or goals. We look at the areas where you're most frustrated and work to try and fix them. I wish we were faster, but our team isn't very large (we're a start-up that is just growing). We have all these hopes for the game, and we're just as impatient as you are to get it to the next level. It's tough because we need to balance new features with making sure we don't introduce a bunch of bugs and deteriorate the experience for other folks.

There are a lot of ideas that I see in this forum, and a lot of them provide me with some inspiration. Right now, I'm working on a design document for a feature that has been requested in numerous threads. There will be a process from taking it from the document to the game, but the important part is that the idea started here.

Keep contributing. Also, be nice to Orlor. He's the fragile sort.

Best,
PwnLaw

Percy1324
Knight

Postby Percy1324 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Thank you guys for designing this awesome game and taking our suggestions into consideration.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:48 am

Thanks Percy. We're going to make an effort to make sure you guys know when and where you had an impact so we can keep growing the community. I've been a gamer since forever, and I know how frustrating it can be to see good ideas not implemented into the game. Being on the "other" side now, I can recognize how much more complicated it is than I thought it would be, but that doesn't mean we can't actively listen and make sure you guys are a part of the process.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:35 am

Lol poor orlor

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:08 am

Poor poor Orlor. =shakes head sadly=

MalContentFL
Lancer

Postby MalContentFL » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Keep up the good work :)

Deiuid
Lancer

Postby Deiuid » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:19 am

Really good job!this game is addictive :) one suggestion..why you don t put a player of phone s music instead of that annoying monomusic? Really love this game. Kevin from Italy

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Deiuid wrote:Really good job!this game is addictive :) one suggestion..why you don t put a player of phone s music instead of that annoying monomusic? Really love this game. Kevin from Italy

Thanks for the suggestion Deiuid. Would you mind sending a message to Orlor? We have a surprise in store for Italy sometime soon and we could use a little help.

Stuckmojo
Knight

Postby Stuckmojo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Been here since w2 and can't stop playing. Your team has been very helpful in my experience. Just wanted to say keep up the good work.
Rob from western Canada

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:03 pm

Stuckmojo wrote:Been here since w2 and can't stop playing. Your team has been very helpful in my experience. Just wanted to say keep up the good work.
Rob from western Canada

That's awesome Stuckmojo. We recognize that the learning curve on Valor isn't particularly easy, but the players that stick with it have accomplished some really impressive things. We check in on the worlds pretty regularly and stories about what some of our players have done (huge battles, particularly brutal betrayals, major alliances) get passed around often. We get a lot of satisfaction knowing our players like the game as much as we do.

Return to “Event Archive”