Ideas -- A Thought From A PlayMesher

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
LordMarltine
Lancer

Postby LordMarltine » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:15 pm

I love valor and have been playing since W58, and my favorite thing is the only 1 building of each type.
On to my suggestions.
1. Since you guys seem to like strategy, adding almost a Starcraft element to it would be awesome. Let us plan routes of attack and use our units most effectively to allow the smaller players to defeat larger players, because right now it seems like that the larger you are you win. If a player is not online when the attack hits a CPU should control their attack/ defense. Still give some bonus to the larger player, like the CPU being a harder difficulty when there not on.
2. After world 100 slow down the number of worlds you put out and work on fixing glitches.

MrFroggy
Knight

Postby MrFroggy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:47 am

LordMarltine wrote:I love valor and have been playing since W58, and my favorite thing is the only 1 building of each type.
On to my suggestions.
1. Since you guys seem to like strategy, adding almost a Starcraft element to it would be awesome. Let us plan routes of attack and use our units most effectively to allow the smaller players to defeat larger players, because right now it seems like that the larger you are you win. If a player is not online when the attack hits a CPU should control their attack/ defense. Still give some bonus to the larger player, like the CPU being a harder difficulty when there not on.
2. After world 100 slow down the number of worlds you put out and work on fixing glitches.

I disagree, players their time(and maybe some coins) in the game to grow their cities. And if an inactive player stops playing and the CPU controls that player to defend, it would be
1.wasting the attackers time to plan the attack
2. The defender just sleeps tight at home while CPU control the defender to send support to the town. (it would be great though)

It's like kinda a real life war thing a sneak attack when your enemy is sleeping.

PROSGEE
Lancer

Postby PROSGEE » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:45 am

There should be a tab with listed options as to what u want ur army to in that city when u are not in-game. I know it's a continuous ongoing game but u can't expect everyone to be online 24/7.

Also, the fortune building is probably the most useless building in the game followed closely by the competitions building.

Reasons:

Fortune building; the rewards from the fortune spin are so tiny, I mean I could farm the smallest barbarian city in my area once & get more out of it. Also it feels like the week has been rigged cos it always seems to land on the reward u have excess/most of already. I think the fortune building should have like 5 levels that u can level it up to or something increasing reward possibilities as u level it up.

Competitions building; what's the point of introducing this building when u only launch competitions once in each world then u never see one again till the next world? Are u so reluctant to dish out gold & such? Also there should be a higher variety of medals that can be won & if u win any, it should be stated somewhere what world u won it in so all can see.

Another issue I wanted to touch on is the victories in each world. There should be some sort of leaderboard that shows what guild or alliance came out victorious in each world. This doesn't mean that any world should be cancelled afterwards, it can still continue, but victors want to be recognised officially maybe even with their stats (number of cities & kill score etc) before moving on. This is one reason why players are reluctant to leave a certain world & move on (they know once they abandon, all their hard work will be forgotten & not on record. If there were no medals or finishing ceremonies after an even in the Olympics, do u think anyone would care about it or bother competing to qualify? That's just a scenario.

I hope all my babbling pays off........

Mohamed43
Lancer

Postby Mohamed43 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:23 am

I have some suggestions hope you guys will take them into consideration

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:21 pm

PROSGEE wrote:There should be a tab with listed options as to what u want ur army to in that city when u are not in-game. I know it's a continuous ongoing game but u can't expect everyone to be online 24/7.

Also, the fortune building is probably the most useless building in the game followed closely by the competitions building.

Reasons:

Fortune building; the rewards from the fortune spin are so tiny, I mean I could farm the smallest barbarian city in my area once & get more out of it. Also it feels like the week has been rigged cos it always seems to land on the reward u have excess/most of already. I think the fortune building should have like 5 levels that u can level it up to or something increasing reward possibilities as u level it up.

Competitions building; what's the point of introducing this building when u only launch competitions once in each world then u never see one again till the next world? Are u so reluctant to dish out gold & such? Also there should be a higher variety of medals that can be won & if u win any, it should be stated somewhere what world u won it in so all can see.

Another issue I wanted to touch on is the victories in each world. There should be some sort of leaderboard that shows what guild or alliance came out victorious in each world. This doesn't mean that any world should be cancelled afterwards, it can still continue, but victors want to be recognised officially maybe even with their stats (number of cities & kill score etc) before moving on. This is one reason why players are reluctant to leave a certain world & move on (they know once they abandon, all their hard work will be forgotten & not on record. If there were no medals or finishing ceremonies after an even in the Olympics, do u think anyone would care about it or bother competing to qualify? That's just a scenario.

I hope all my babbling pays off........

On Wheel of Fortune: http://forum.playmesh.com/showthread.php?5435-Fortune-Upgrade/page2&highlight=wheel+fortune

On Competitions: http://forum.playmesh.com/showthread.php?5801-Competitions&highlight=competitions

LordMarltine
Lancer

Postby LordMarltine » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:10 pm

MrFroggy wrote:I disagree, players their time(and maybe some coins) in the game to grow their cities. And if an inactive player stops playing and the CPU controls that player to defend, it would be
1.wasting the attackers time to plan the attack
2. The defender just sleeps tight at home while CPU control the defender to send support to the town. (it would be great though)

It's like kinda a real life war thing a sneak attack when your enemy is sleeping.

Im not saying have the CPU send support, but if you had read, control the strategy part, like where they position troops

Mystakyle
Lancer

A few suggestions.

Postby Mystakyle » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Maybe see incoming attacks in portal, buy scholarships from main city screen so you don't have to go in to the academy, be able to see how many total troop count as a whole or region and maybe what's supporting. If you are supporting someone you get credit for the kills and maybe gold even if it is a small amount. Thanks

bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Mystakyle wrote:Maybe see incoming attacks in portal, buy scholarships from main city screen so you don't have to go in to the academy, be able to see how many total troop count as a whole or region and maybe what's supporting. If you are supporting someone you get credit for the kills and maybe gold even if it is a small amount. Thanks

Thank you for suggesting them. It isn't the first time each of these things have been suggested on the forums, but that only gives credence to them as worthwhile ideas for change.

The giving gold for supporting idea is just horrible though. Haha, just teasing...

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:41 am

I've just a simple suggestion about the censorship in Valor: I'm OK with the fact that posting weird words, insults and/or phone numers isn't appropriate, but the system is highly perfectible and disallow posting "normal" things lots of times.

For example, in order us not to try to correct each city name looking like phone numbers in siege lists (lots use coords and this confuse often the system), not to re-write entirely a mail because of a word we type unproperly, ... I suggest that the warning message given by the system contain the rejected words, and/or that it's highlighted in original text field!!!

This way, we'll have nice texts without headaches!!!

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:43 am

Oh, and in fortune wheel, add a "direct gain" button in order us not to wait on the wheel to stop... ;-)

Return to “Event Archive”