Discussion for 2.0 Valor Changes

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:30 am

Ronan06 wrote:I play a Kindle Fire so I spend quite a bit of my time explaining to folks that I crash twice Before I can look at a map and that the guild forms simply do not open for our version. Some guys are willing to take screen shots an and e-mail them to me, but most of the long term player simply decide to kick you from the guild and not go through the Hassle. It's be great to actually participate fully in the strategy threads or know who we are allied with. Love the game, but I can do just about as Mich in Farmville right now.

Hey Ronan --

Thanks for being a Fire player! They were our very first Android launch and you've definitely had to deal with more issues than we'd like. If possible, could you submit the errors inside support tickets to make sure we have them all? We're currently working a pretty significant updates to Android to raise stability, so look forward to that in the upcoming weeks.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:32 am

Rats wrote:Everything is great except the map I think we should be able to go back and forth if we want the old one we can have the old one if we want the new one we can have the new one the problem is the map is too laggy and takes like 20 min to get across an entire region which u do a lot in later game please give us this option but I have to agree everything is amazing!!! Thanks playmesh!!!

Thanks Rats. We're looking at the lag issues now. We're also aware of some of the concerns about color differences. I'm colorblind so I don't even know wtf is going on anyway. This was a pretty major update to our graphics system (how we spawn and generate content into the world), so I expect there will certainly be some downstream tweaks. I wish we could get it perfect on the first try!

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:33 am

RyanK wrote:Forgive me if this has already been addressed or is in the wrong thread altogether, but what is the tie-breaker in competitions where two (or more) players have the same score. It seems like it might be sorted by player name, which would give an unfair advantage to players with names that start with a,b,c etc. Can you please clarify for us Playmesh. Thanks!

My prior statement on this point was incorrect. We're resolving ties by awarding the higher position to the player who made it to that point total FIRST. That means only one person will be rewarded the prize.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:34 am

Gauntletguy wrote:Bit extream but yes the update sucks!
Map is very laggy makes moving around and farming hard!
Unless that's another spend more money by resourses ploy!?

In city map looks good though.

Haha, I'm pretty sure a very laggy game gets us people quitting, not people spending. We want to crush the lag and we're working on it.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:37 am

Kingjason666 wrote:I love the new update changes thanks. Maps ok but old one was better. We don't play valor for blue ray resolution we play it to kill. Put it back please.

But since the update was done I'm back to getting 20 opps / oof messages everytime I do anything. Are others finding this when will it be fixed. As it's very similar to the faults of about 5 updates ago that got fixed. I think before valor 2.0 it was running better than ever. But now it's trash with 823 city's I can't do anything ATM without pulling my hair out.

What's up playmesh

Hey Kingjason -- Mind submitting support tickets? We're aware of most of the issues, but sometimes folks with a large number of cities have separate concerns and I want to make sure we have it all documented.

We're not happy about the instability, but don't worry, it'll get back to where it was. The only difference is that we'll have cool new graphics, construction modes and competitions as well.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:39 am

Bladnach wrote:I am on the same page as LordFirefall.

The ingame mail 'system' is very bad. Like spam the same mails shows up - and reports flood your inbox. You cant send mail with content - show up empty.
Etc - etc.

AND PLEASE - we need a way to write ALL members in a Guild in ON GO - and not one by one - it's STONEAGE!!!
Could be a right given to Crowns only.

I like you improve all the time - but do not release without propper testing.

Can you elaborate on this Bladnach? Guild chat and the Guild forums both allow for mass messaging. What are you looking for specifically? I want to make sure we understand.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:42 am

PwnLaw wrote:Can you elaborate on this Bladnach? Guild chat and the Guild forums both allow for mass messaging. What are you looking for specifically? I want to make sure we understand.

Mass email to our guild. Not everyone checks the forums, and to be honest, guild chat just isn't that useful.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:44 am

LordFirefall wrote:Mass email to our guild. Not everyone checks the forums, and to be honest, guild chat just isn't that useful.

Noted on the email. We've got something that might be even better in development.

What (if anything) do you think could be done to improve guild chat?

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:44 am

As lordfirefall I also think the guild chat perhaps isn't that useful.. Its fun and it has its purpose and value as a social interaction feature but a information feature it isn't. And perhaps it shouldn't be either. Thats what the forum is and being able to send mass mails (or something even better :p ) would be great!
The thing w the guild chat is if your guild is really active, talks and enter the game a lot then trying to catch up in the guildchat is almost impossible. Every time a player enters the world, you get thrown down to the last msg line (do you understand what I'm saying? Feeling I can't properly explain it).
This makes me not wanna enter the chat regularly, too much hassle. And any mater of real importance will be posted in the forum where it doesn't "disappear".
Also (but this is really a minor issue) you can't see the first few words when typing.

Apart from that, Thanks for an awesome game! Yes the update has issues, some will be fixed Im sure, some we just need to accept as changes to the game and get used to.

Vinimax
Lancer

Postby Vinimax » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:06 am

Oncecrazy wrote:Lordfirefall too bad you are just a forum troll. You have no cities in any worlds I'm in.

Maybe his friends do ....
I will make sure you get our message in game 😏

Return to “Event Archive”