Feedback on new Top Bar/Lack of arrows

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Orlor

Feedback on new Top Bar/Lack of arrows

Postby Orlor » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Valorians!

Valor version update of 2.1.3 did include some changes to the top bar and changes on how to get to your cities.

Due to the feedback received for a few of the changes (lack of arrows, hard to read text, city names cut off, etc) we are taking a look at changing those. One of the possible outcomes is that we do change back to the old style top bar.

There have been some posts about us reverting these changes ASAP. We're actively working on making the application better, and it means sometimes we'll make changes the community doesn't like. In those cases, we listen to your concerns and try to iterate to improve the player experience. Update: We were able to find a way to temporarily remove the new top/side bar while some tweaks are made to it. Please restart Valor and the old top/side bars will appear.

UPDATE: The new top/side bar has temporarily been removed. Please see http://forum.playmesh.com/showthread.php?5675-Temporary-removal-of-new-top-side-bar

Until that new version can be released please continue to leave feedback regarding any of the new changes with version 2.1.3.

Dartveder
Lancer

Postby Dartveder » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Agree, it`s always a matter of getting used to changes. But are changes ever tested? Why don`t bring out a beta version, and force update later! Now I`m forced to update and i`m not even able to come into game :-(

Biwin
Knight

Postby Biwin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:25 pm

If you are aware updates can not be pushed through instantly to fix emergency problems, you should be that much more stringent with your testing before releasing game-changing updates.

This was sloppy.

Asathor
Lancer

Postby Asathor » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Hey, thx 4 the Info.
I was realy hoping that i can get a simple downgrade like...

Okay the Thing is the Sidebar Looks Nice and its a Good Thing that u can search Citys.
But what we realy Need is to Jump fast from City to City.
If u must take care of over 50-150 Citys u Need hours- and Loose intressting of the gameplay. so if u give us the ◀▶ back it will help a Lot.
The next confusing Thing is the Farmspace (how Many troops u can Build) but with that can i Life. But its realy Hard now to read- i Must Look allways twice on the resurces. - and i'm Not that Old :D - and no i dont Need Glases ;)

Thank u. And greetings from

Asathor

Juditha
Lancer

Postby Juditha » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:30 pm

pls fix also a max troop number. before you could see 9000/23000 so you know that a farm is on max , now if you have many middle level cities you see just 800 for example but you don't know is it 800 of max 23000 or 800 of Max 10000

Nawlins
Lancer

Postby Nawlins » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:36 pm

I physically can't see how many resources I have without moving the screen to my face. I can't tell what city I'm in because I cluster my cities and a group of 10 will all have the same first letters. It's also physically hard to distinguish the black on brown lettering. I can't tell what level my farm is anymore without a lot of work which makes city management more time consuming. All I can see is available food. I can see the gold and plus signs extremely easily which honestly ****es me off to where I don't want to push them ever. Ultimately... I'm putting the game down for a few days for the first time since I started playing. Ill check back and if nothing has changed I am out. Hope you enjoyed and saved the cash I spent because now the game is worse. I had acclimated to the glitches and still enjoyed the game a lot but... I can't spend more time acclimating to more things that make the game harder to enjoy. To those who persevere... God bless.

Nawlins
Lancer

Postby Nawlins » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:38 pm

Oops... And yes, loss of arrows and ability to see more of a city name is the biggest problem in my opinion. Gold is very easy to see thankfully.

andrreww
Lancer

Postby andrreww » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Android users have NEVER had the arrows on the top bar. If we can't have them, I see it being only fait ios can't either.

Juditha
Lancer

Postby Juditha » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 pm

wow this forum has arrows on top left.

BillBoskins
Lancer

Postby BillBoskins » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Don't know how I can wait a week with the map crashing.

Yes HD version works but I have a 3GS which we know has lesser memory. HD version hangs and takes ages, clearly struggling with the demands of Valor HD.

Return to “Event Archive”