*Updated for 2.1.4* Temporary removal of new top/side bar

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
Orlor

*Updated for 2.1.4* Temporary removal of new top/side bar

Postby Orlor » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Valorians!

In response to community feedback, we’ve decided to temporarily remove the new top/side bar while we keep tweaking it. This means when you give Valor a quick restart, you’ll go back to the old top bar. It might crash once as it resets the top bar but should be fine after that.

We value the input you’ve given us, and we’re going to use it to improve the new top/side bar and re-release it in a future update. For one, we’re going to make sure there’s room for the much-coveted city arrow key (or an equivalent), so that you can keep switching between your cities at the touch of a button.

Keep up the feedback about any changes you want to see on the new top/side bar.

UPDATE: When you download Valor version 2.1.4 you might see the new top bar when you start up Valor. Do a force quit of Valor and restart it. The old top bar should then be there as before.

Blissbomb27
Lancer

Postby Blissbomb27 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:11 pm

This is brilliant news! Thank u : )

Meiwyn
Lancer

Thanks for listening

Postby Meiwyn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:21 pm

It is appreciated that you are responding to our concerns

Biwin
Knight

Postby Biwin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Yes, thank you for responding in a timely fashion; definitely dissipated a lot of my rage :P

Koology
Lancer

Postby Koology » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:26 pm

This should NOT be a temp. It should stay like this PERMANENTLY!!
Beside that... thank you.

Bbloksma
Knight

Postby Bbloksma » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Thanks, this was going to be my suggestion too for a quick fix.
So far after playing several hours today I like everything about the old bar better. Aoart from everything else mentioned, the warehouse jumps out better too on the old bar.

Bbloksma
Knight

Postby Bbloksma » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:56 pm

I think there is a bug now. Using the old top bar and the new version, after looking at a report, going back to the graphical city.... Nothing in the city can be tapped anymore, not even the construct or queue buttons. The buttons on the bottom of the screen like portal still do work.

After using one of those buttons at the bottom I can go back to the city and everything works again.
This is using an iPad2 with ios 5.1.1

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:18 pm

How many times is outgoing to crash?

DonDavid
Lancer

Postby DonDavid » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Thank you for be responsive to our feedback, but i really dont know when you will launch the next update if i will click on the update button :)
David.ed, CEO
Hooting, Inc
thehooting.com

Biwin
Knight

Postby Biwin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Bbloksma wrote:I think there is a bug now. Using the old top bar and the new version, after looking at a report, going back to the graphical city.... Nothing in the city can be tapped anymore, not even the construct or queue buttons. The buttons on the bottom of the screen like portal still do work.

After using one of those buttons at the bottom I can go back to the city and everything works again.
This is using an iPad2 with ios 5.1.1

I have the exact same issue since the bar fix on my iPad2 same iOS.

Return to “Event Archive”